Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Sally, come home!

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Default Sally, come home!

Still waiting for Sal to return. If you're reading this Sal, just want you to know you're missed!

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

We miss you Sally!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

I read forum posts, and in my mind, I'm asking: "WWSS"?

That's: "What Would Sally Say"? I always think that you would have replied with just the right tone, support, and probably something that would make us smile and forget a little about whatever the problem was. You'd probably include a funny picture like nuthatch did.

I hate that we're not there for you right now. That makes me sad. Know that we're there in spirit, ok? Ok, maybe Howie is keeping an ACTUAL journal of all the positive thoughts and wishes he's had towards you.

I really miss your opinions, your thoughtfulness, and how you brought much light and laughter to the forum. There's an empty space without you here.

If you're reading (or someone emails you a link to this thread), please know that you are missed, and if or when you feel up to it, I hope you'll pop in and say hello, or maybe something silly that will make me smile again. I hope that you are healing well and you know how much you are loved and missed. We're all standing with you in support and ready to help you get through this bastad of an illness!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry I haven't had any more information about Sally from her daughter. She did say it would probably be several weeks before Sally was back but it's been several weeks now. I'm concerned.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

5. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sally come back! You are not just missed, you are needed!

Love and chocolate!
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Almost 3 months in the hospital and 2 rehab facilities later and I can finally transfer safely?, from bed to scooter to toilet to wherever??? I will have to make a few adjustments to make it more safe, but am HOME!!!

To make a verrrry loooong story short. My A/C went out as I was napping, on May 31st, and I woke up to scorching heat!! Thought I could handle going to pot and back before calling for help....WRONG!!!!! Fell in bathrm and could not get up, forgot cell and so crawled on floor, inching along, for 24 hrs on floor till DD found me Sun. afternoon and rushed me to hospital intensive care.

That was the beginning of my long, painfully horrible and lonely journey to my near wellness of today. I now have a hospital bed in my livingrm, instead of a couch, so not quite as free as I was, but happy to be here. DD Julie and DSS John were and continue to be my saviors and guardian angels.

I'm lounging in my little, adjustable bed...not deluxe but the best for which Medicare will pay less my 240.00 co-pay. It's not ideal but, at my age, it's okie dokie.

More later, if you really want to hear it.

Thank you all for missing me, your calls, your care, your prayers and your love.

Agate/Joan was lucky enough to reach my DD Julie and I hope she has told you all, the limited info that we had, at the time. I was unable to communicate with anyone, completely coherently for awhile. I didn't have my cell or computer, with me, at all and Julie's time was limited.

I thought about you all every day and missed you terribly.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SALLY!!!

So good to have news of you, and from you yourself! There has been much concern, with theories about tornadoes. I'm sure many people will be very glad to see you back.

24 hours on the ground with no help in sight sounds really grim. I'm glad you're better and at home. Take care!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Sally! Welcome HOME!!!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Sally, so glad you are back! You were greatly missed by everyone, and...well....(looking down and kicking at the ground)....especially me.

You went on a long and unpleasant journey, and the painful lesson here? Keep the cell with you at all times, no exceptions!!!

It's Friday, so you know the drunk party people will be staggering along later. You have made my day!!! Again, welcome back!!!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

SALLY!!!

So happy to see you back!! As Ann so eloquently said, you weren't just missed, you were NEEDED!!!

YES, we want the long version!!

But so happy to hear you're home, you're safe, your family is with you, some home adjustments have been made, and you're mending! I am sooooo sorry you had to go through this horrible experience! Ann's chocolate will hopefully help!

Sending many healing thoughts for further improvements and emotional comfort as well. Soooooo glad to hear from you...you've come home to us!

Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast