Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coming out from under the bridge

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't often drop by the Spinal forum but happened to notice this thread.

If you're looking for neuros in Oregon or WA state, I know of a couple who seemed better than average to me though with MS I'm not in the same situation as you and don't really know how well they deal with other issues.

If you're interested in more info, just send me a PM and I'll provide some details.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Hi Everyone:

Yes, I am back. -- just wish I had a new back! Actually that would be neck, but....

Anyway, I found a new fantastic cure for my neuropathy, venom from hornets! It hurts but it works. Of course, I hope I never "try it" again and for many people it could be fatal, so I guess that is a drawback!

What actually took place is that I disturbed a nest and ended up with some dozen stings/bites. Lucky it was not worse, and I am not allergic, but it sure hurt. But, you know, and it could just be coincidence, my neuro pain has really calmed down -- like nearly gone.

Of course, that happens on very rare occasions sometimes anyway, but seemed I remembered something about venom being a cure for neuro-skeletal things and I did a bit of Web poking, and it is true.

did not see any references for neuro issues, but hey, I am happy. More or less pain-free for a couple of days now....Now if I can just find those pesky hornets again and convince them to sting me again....

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your kind words, much appreciated. I did "slip" on my dry spell on Saturday, but as you guys say, I'm just trying to move forward.

Agate I sent you a PM -- couple of things I wanted to note for you...
    dave

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Dave)))))) ~

How fortuitous that you found relief from hornet venom! Perhaps you should study on how to attract hornets, and cultivate them! If you could figure out how to extract their venom without being stung, you could probably make a fortune!

I'm very happy for you that you are nearly pain free, and I hope it continues to be so for you.

Take each day as it comes and do your best to make it a good day.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member

HB Troll, interesting to solve your pain and I have seen articles about venom being investigated as a way to treat neuropathic pain. It will be interesting to see how long the effect last. I have to say though not many people will be willing to disturb a hornet's nest to achieve pain relief. It is good to hear from you again and that overall you are doing better at least for now but please avoid hornets in the future.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Hey, Mark:

So: Can't remember totally, but I am just beginning to get some pain back today, Friday. And I think....I could be wrong, Monday was my day of "stings."

Anyway, pain is mild at the moment -- around 11 p.m. PDT.....I actually talked to a guy this week whose father used to go the neighbor's house once a week and stick his hand into their bee hives to get a couple of stings to calm down his artrithis -- yeah, I did not spell that right, but you know what I mean....

Interesting. Probably no money in it for big PHARM, though, so I doubt we will be seeing any wonder drugs from it.

Distinguished Community Member

HB Troll, no I don't think we will see natural venom but they may come out with some way to use the venom to treat our pain while justifying the additional expense. I doubt that you get any long term results from your experience but it is interesting how the venom did knockdown your pain. At least there is some hope there are going to be other pain treatments in the future.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12