Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you top this weird symptom?

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Default Can you top this weird symptom?

I was driving yesterday and I would be turning the steering wheel by holding it in the 1:00 position, and then moving it counter clockwise to the 11:00 position, and then straighten it out again back to 1:00.

Sooooo, whenever my hand passed through my field iof vision as it was moving, there was like a pink light on the top of the hand. No, there was nothing to cause that. It was a weird visual disturbance.

So I let go of the wheel with my right hand and kept waving it back and forth through my field of vision. That pink light kept coming on between 11:00 and 1:00 on my visual field. Very bizarre. It lasted a few minutes, and never reappeared.

Can you top that?

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't top that. Maybe someone else can.

Did the orange spot show up in that part of your visual field when you weren't driving? Is it still there?

I think I'd go to an eye doctor about it if it sticks around.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

I can't top that, BBS1951. My eyes go wonky from time to time, but not like that.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

It was pink and translucent, I could see my hand through the pink overlay. It only lasted a few minutes.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((BBS1951)))))) ~

What time of day was it? Bright sunlight or dusk, for example? Just wondering whether you were reacting to light through your windshield. Did you see the pink light or veil when you put your hand elsewhere, like in your lap or turned you head to look at your hand from the side, away from the windshield?

Here's a vision symptom checker at Mayo Clinic, which might offer some clues:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptom-ch...s/itt-20009075

I hope it was just a one time thing. If it recurs, I would mention it to your neuro or eye doc.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Well, I can top it. I have a can of whipped cream in the fridge, let me go get it....
    "Searching for the Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

BBS, I can't top it, but think I would kind of file it away and not be too concerned if this is the only time it has happened and it only lasted a short time. If it happens a couple more times that would be a different thing.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Not concerned, mainly puzzled.

It was about 10:00 and only was on my hand in those positions between 11 and 1. Wasn't a windshield issue. I think it may be an oddball ms thing or an almost episodes episode of ocular migraine.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

It might be a good idea to see your eye doctor anyway. Flashes of light can be a symptom of retinal detachment - extremely serious. But can also happen when the gel in the eye lifts away or even by the friction of the eyeball turning. As someone who has had multiple eye surgeries due to detachment, doctors have made sure I'm aware of the symptoms. Probably it's nothing, but wouldn't hurt to schedule an eye exam anyway.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

A detached retina is the only surgery I've ever had. This doctor didn't like to knock you out for the surgery, only numb the area. It was an interesting experience, but I wouldn't care to do it again.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast