Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat,

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Jeanie, good news about your van. And a good price. Being without it I'm sure was an uneasy feeling, but you have wheels again!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

All good advice about sharing contact information. Perhaps we should each share it with a Mod as well so that can be passed on in the event we go missing. What do you all think about that idea?

So much accomplished today. It is down to 79 with lower humidity and a chance of a thunder storm later.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

It's pretty dry here too. But I think the sheer humidity keeps the yard alive. I need to prune my rose bush, but the heat has kept me from doing it. It has NO blooms on it, and this is the season it usually blooms like crazy, IF you prune it!

I crashed my computer today, but got everything back. I was so relieved I was able to restore it.

My brother isn't calling this week. He emailed to let me know. He's loaded with things he HAS to get done this weekend.

Have a great evening everyone!

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

So Tom cat is out of town for a couple of days, so I have a girlfriend staying with me. And boy did I overdo today. Home health aide was here at 8:30 to help me shower. Revisiting nurse at 9 to change the wound dressing and show my friend how to do it. Then I had an unexpected #2, requiring w wound cleaning and dressing again.

Then we drove for an hour to my husband's home town, where we had lunch with friends. Then we drove around town, showing her all the important places-- where my husband was born, where we lived, where we worked... all the important stuff.

Then on the way home stopped at the cheese factory and bought a bunch of cheese (this is Wisconsin, after all.) Then finally home at 5pm. All in 87 degree hot humid weather. I'm wiped out. I got back to my air conditioned house, stripped off my clothes, put on my jammies, crashed into bed, which is where I am now, on my back, fan blowing on me, feet elevated. I'm down for the count.. think ill stay here til Sunday or so...n
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Cat I am with you. Going down to get my van in the heat and humidity which put the temp over 100, wore me out and weakened me. I came home, ate and went to bed. I did not get up until Andy came at 10 to do my mowing. After he left about noon I went back to bed and got up after 6 PM. Andy had brought me Dunkin Donuts coffee and a bagel and cream cheese.

I went to the mailbox and heated a sweet potato and ate some fresh mangoes Andy had also brought. Now I am going back to bed. We did have a good rain last night.

PS I am going to PM my info ro Mike and Moderator 7. Goodnight all. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 07-24-2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: add PS

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cat, rest is good.

Jeanie and Cherie, I'm not sure we can expect the administrators and moderators here to keep track of our information--or to release it to any of us who might inquire. That's probably beyond the scope of what they do here and might be a privacy violation if they did it.

If Jeanie gives her information to a moderator, that moderator isn't able to pass it on to anyone else, as far as I know. A moderator would have no way of knowing which people Jeanie is allowing to have access to her information. Surely not every registered user? There are some people registered who have never posted or logged in.

If people give their contact information to moderators or administrators, this could be a nightmare for them, particularly since members of all of the other BT boards might want to do that as well. I don't think we can expect those in charge here to handle all of that detailed record-keeping, with constant updates, etc.

I think we might have to bumble along as we've been doing, just letting those who have some knowledge of a person's whereabouts try to find them if there's concern about them.

The only way we can find out about someone who is missing might be by asking around for anyone here who happens to have some contact information for that person.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I agree with agate. The mods didn't sign on to keep track of everybody here at braintalk. They're pretty much volunteers with lives of their own. Instead, why not talk amongst yourselves, and if you're comfortable, share your information with someone here. It's not likely you'd both disappear at the same time. So you keep track of your forum "buddy", and if they disappear, you find out and let everyone else know.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Why don't we ask the mods/admin folks? That way we know.

It is suppose to be down to 74 deg on Monday for our high temp! the low is in the upper 40's Crazy huh? I see lots of outdoor stuff lol. I am tired of being cooped up in the house.

I have to go to town this morning to go a couple more rounds (again!) with Walgreen's. I ordered some scripts to be filled and they say I filled them on the 19th which I didnt do. Grrr, I know I should have not waited until the were gone. I could call my doc for help but I saw him at the Co-op and he mentioned he was going to take his kids up to McCall for the weekend. Its a small town.

Temps will be back in the mid 90's by next Friday.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Hi everyone!

I've been reading your thread here and I know you are all concerned about keeping track of one another. We all are worried when our friends don't post for a long time.

I've written a private message to Mike asking him if the admins and mods here can be of any help with your concerns. I have a few ideas, but I don't know the full policies of BrainTalk on matters like this. I'm thinking that this is a unique situation and needs a unique solution . I would still urge you to share contact information with someone you trust and any information you would like posted if you are unable to post.

I'm truly honored that you have such trust in us. That is the kind of atmosphere that is a hallmark of a great forum...people trusting people.

I'm sure Mike will have some thoughts on this that he'll share when he checks in.

Yes, mods are just members of the BT community and though we have lives of our own, our commitment to the BT community is steadfast.

Last edited by Moderator #7; 07-25-2015 at 07:57 AM.

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Cool

.....and thou shall dwell in the house of the cats forever....Amen.

I just finished my weekly sermon. The cats insist on it, and I enjoy it too, especially when I get them rolling on the floor and clapping their paws.

I went to the store early yesterday, thinking it was Sunday. It was afternoon before I found out what day it was. So I get to live Sunday twice this week.

In the 90's for days to come, and no rain in sight. When I mow this week, I'll do it early like last time.

Everyone have a great day!

20. The following user says "thanks"

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast