Thread: Any type of seizure that can create longterm bright WHITE light inside the cranium?

Lightbulb Any type of seizure that can create longterm bright WHITE light inside the cranium?

Decades ago, in the aftermath of a classical kundalini awakening, my head became filled with LED-bright light.

Like 5,000 watt B-R-I-G-H-T, brighter-than-anything-on-earth white light.

Whiter than WHITE.

This phenomenon lasted for approximately 18 months.... the only time I was not aware of this interior head light was when I was fast asleep.

Whilst awake, the light was constant, whether my eyes were open or shut, and whether I was busy on the physical plane, or whether I was meditating. It was quite disconcerting, but I ignored it as best I could, certain that.... "this too shall pass" - along with all the other 'crazy' kundalini-induced sensations and miscellaneous associated nutsy epiphenomenon.

Unlike most humans who experience the kundalini awakening I was rather appalled with the "bliss" aspects, as obviously NOBODY anywhere is supposed to feel *that* good; and I was rather worried what the hell had happened to my CNS and/or brain to bring about such a variety of so-called "mystical" experiences, particularly when they continued for many many many months.

I presumed, from general reading of "pop-neurology" books that some type of seizures had prompted the months of rapturous ecstatic states..... but .... that seemed understandable..... whereas the 5000 watt light bulb which took residency within my cranium .... seemed .... 'clinical' ---- perhaps dangerously so.

I remain concerned about that internal light bulb and want to know if there are ANY neurological conditions and/or syndromes which provoke such a condition. Perhaps there is some type of seizure involving the visual processing centers..... OR, something?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????

I understand that you cannot diagnose me on a chatboard, but perhaps you could give me some medical terms and neurological keywords to assist me in my search at pubmed.

This BRIGHT white light did not subside until almost 2 years later when finally my spinal cord and the top of my head no longer felt like they were on fire. Just in case this is important, perhaps I should add that the TOP of my head was in agonizing pain, feeling as though it was on fire, which of course it wasn't, but that's what it felt like, as though invisible FLAMES were pouring out of the top of my skull.

Decades later, this intense heat occasionally recurs, typically after meditating, or perhaps when I happen to water fast.

Thank you for any comments, or any suggestions to aid my online medical search into the.... (lol) ....Real Source of the Great White Light, which I am positive was indicative of some type of serious derangement of my central nervous system. I look forward to reading your feedback.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi grimalkin,
    Welcome to the forum! What you need to have done is a special e.e.g. where they flash different color strobe lights one at a time by doing this the Dr. will be able to tell if you are photosensitive meaning certain colors are triggering seizures for you. Kundalini awakening happens when a person has a lot of energy in there body and it usually starts in the spinal cord. Sometimes this type of awakening can causeboth physical or psychiatric problems. What you should do is start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day to calm the nervous system down and have your family Dr. refer you to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center these Drs. specialize in epilepsy and other neurology disorders. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

4. The following user says "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi grimalkin,
    Welcome to the forum! What you need to have done is a special e.e.g. where they flash different color strobe lights one at a time by doing this the Dr. will be able to tell if you are photosensitive meaning certain colors are triggering seizures for you. Kundalini awakening happens when a person has a lot of energy in there body and it usually starts in the spinal cord. Sometimes this type of awakening can causeboth physical or psychiatric problems. What you should do is start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day to calm the nervous system down and have your family Dr. refer you to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center these Drs. specialize in epilepsy and other neurology disorders. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
    Thank you for your speedy reply to my post. I have taken B12 for decades, so have no deficiencies thereof. The symptoms I referred to happened DECADES ago. I do not believe that I am currently having any seizures, but I certain suspect that the months upon months of so-called " mystical rapture" which I experienced WAS due to some type of TLE. Those don't concern me.

What concerns me is having had the distinct sensation that my head was lit up.

That strange piece of phenomenon lasted for over a year and a half .... I "dealt" with it by firmly ignoring it.

Recently, however, I've had reason to worry that perhaps a prolonged period of severe environmental stress MAY, (gawd forbid) retrigger that miserable bright, brighter-than-the-brightest white, LIGHT.

My delay in responding to your kind words is that I am trying to locate some quotes in Gopi Krishna's writings where he speaks of similarly having an illuminated cranium.

I want to know if there is some type of seizure that causes such a sensation, WHERE in the brain said seizure occurs, and how conventional neurology would treat same.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((grimalkin)))))) ~

Welcome to BrainTalk and the Epilepsy forum! I'm glad that you found us.

Photosensitive epilepsy pertains to external stimuli (flashing/strobe lights, or sunlight). What you describe sounds like an internal stimuli. I haven't a clue as to whether you experienced seizures or some other neurological event, and if so where that would be located in the brain.

I did find this when I Googled "Kundalini Seizures:"

http://www.articlesbase.com/metaphys...y-5324497.html

When you were enduring these symptoms, did you consult a neurologist or have any testing done?

Should any of the symptoms recur, I strongly suggest that you do consult a neurologist. Hoping that you'll never need to do so.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    ((((((grimalkin)))))) ~

I did find this when I Googled "Kundalini Seizures:"

http://www.articlesbase.com/metaphys...y-5324497.html

When you were enduring these symptoms, did you consult a neurologist or have any testing done?

Should any of the symptoms recur, I strongly suggest that you do consult a neurologist. Hoping that you'll never need to do so.

Love & Light,

Rose

Hi there, Rose!

Thanks so very much for the link; I would NEVER in a thousand years have thought of searching for "kundalini seizures."

No, I did not consult any doctor of any type at the time of my Kundalini Awakening, as it was my clear understanding that IF a Kundalini Awakening occurred that one must not ever use any type of prescription medicines or recreational drugs, or else there could be some really serious long term permanent physical damage.

Now that a couple decades have passed, I wanted to return in memory to some of the more bizarre phenomenon and try to find out via google and pubmed just what was going on..... but my searches are primarily 100% unproductive.

I recently came across an old book, wherein there is report by a yogi that the INTENSE burning heat is not dangerous, that it is a sign of purification, and will not leave any permanent damage to the physical body; every once in a while I see references to "interior light" when reading about mystical experiences, but nothing like that radiant glimmering BRIGHT white light that I experienced for so many months. Unlike that damnable BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT, the burning sensations only rarely entirely disappear, and then quickly reappear, but nothing at all like they were in the initial aftermath of the Kundalini Awakening when it was agonizingly painful.

Thanks again, Rose, for your kind assistance!

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Howdy Grimalkin!

I also had an awakening, but it was not light.

Mine was more like being aware of an immense, dark space inside my head
    For me this was not an ongoing, continuous sensation; but it did happen several (3) times.

(If it had only been once, it would have been "an incident",
    Twice would have been "coincidents",
    Three times, as I see it, warrants further investigation.)

The best way I could describe it to others was:

Think of being in Mammouth Caves, all by yourself, with all of the lights turned off.
    Although the incidents were fairly short, I was left with the ongoing wonder of the infinity within myself.

I got into Jnana yoga in an attempt to find out what I had just experienced because I could not find any documentation anywhere.

After 7+ years, I finally got a handle on the phenomena. It was described in the writings of the Holy Fathers of the Eastern Orthodox Church as "The Divine Darkness".

fyi: Mammouth Caves is a US National Park in Kentucky, look it up.
    Last edited by howdydave; 06-24-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: cosmetics
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Quote Originally Posted by howdydave View Post
    Howdy Grimalkin!

I also had an awakening, but it was not light.

Mine was more like being aware of an immense, dark space inside my head
    For me this was not an ongoing, continuous sensation; but it did happen several (3) times.

(If it had only been once, it would have been "an incident",
    Twice would have been "coincidents",
    Three times, as I see it, warrants further investigation.)

The best way I could describe it to others was:

Although the incidents were fairly short, I was left with the ongoing wonder of the infinity within myself.

I got into Jnana yoga in an attempt to find out what I had just experienced because I could not find any documentation anywhere.

After 7+ years, I finally got a handle on the phenomena. It was described in the writings of the Holy Fathers of the Eastern Orthodox Church as "The Divine Darkness".

fyi: Mammouth Caves is a US National Park in Kentucky, look it up.

Hey there, howdydave --- thanks for the feedback.

I think I may be familiar with the state you are describing, but it is one that frequently "envelops" me when I meditate -- nice quiet pristine still darkness.

The more I try to research the Kundalini Awakening, the more astounded I am by the abject lack of any scientific info about it. It's symptomatic of the gulf existent between Science & Religion, hey ........... as The Mystical Experience is ubiquitous worldwide, and MANY mystical experiences are contingent upon the prior activation of Kundalini-Shakti.

MORE .... later, but thanks again for your nice reply!