Just when I thought I was over the hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when I thought I was over the hill

Hello all! I haven't posted much, but I still pop in and check in occasionally. Well, this past February I celebrated 5 years seizure free. But at the end of Oct, '14, I found out that I had stage 3 colon cancer. But, I am not one to set around and cry. I went through 5 1/2 weeks of radiation and chemo which finished on December 31. I had my surgery February 19th and am now taking chemo pills until July. My outlook has always been, it is what it is... it can always be worse. God has been on my side. I have not been sick one day, not had any fatigue, still have my hair, so no complaints at all. The only thing that was drastic was a 20 lb weight loss at the beginning of this adventure. I normally weigh 155, so a 20 lb loss is a lot for me. I am eating like crazy but have only gained 10 back so far. But the outlook is good, so I'm a happy camper.
    Best wishes to everyone!
    Gene
    Last edited by Geneo76; 04-15-2015, 05:07 PM.

Hi Gene,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had to deal with cancer but I must say I like your positive attitude. One thing you may want to look into is the medical marijuana to help you out, it has been proven that
    it reduces and in some cases stops the cancer along with seizures. My prayers are with you and I wish you only the best. May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Sue, I know you have been around here for a while. Where has everyone gone? There doesn't seem to be anyone here like there used to be years ago. It's kinda sad. I got a lot of good info from here.
      Gene

Comment

((((((Gene)))))) ~

Welcome Back!

Congratulations on freedom from seizures for 5 years! That's great. I'm so sorry that you've been battling cancer, but it does sound like you are on the road to recovery, which is wonderful.

For weight gain, you might consider supplementation with a high protein shake, such as Orgain (Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...). It might be available at Costco, but it's easy to order it online.

One option to consider is the Johanna Budwig Protocol of eating cottage cheese and flax seed oil.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

To answer your question, "where has everyone gone?":

I think that we have many members, who like you, check in periodically, but do not post. Other members chose to move to social media, such as Facebook, or other discussion forums, after BrainTalk's last major crash. I have a theory that if we could lure folks out of lurking and into posting, the joint would be jumping again.

Please keep us posted on your progress. Positive, healing energy on its way to you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Hi Gene,

How are you doing? I hope and pray things are going better for you. As far as other members not being around I have to agree with Rose I think they have gone to another social
          medial or maybe they are on Facebook I can't tell you for sure. You take it easy and I wish you only the best May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I guess you are right. I have a Facebook account also, but I don't spend much time on there. I am not like some people that have to post every time they go to the grocery store. (stupid sh*t) You can't get the info from Facebook as you can on here. It is a lot more personal here.
            As for me, I am breezing through the cancer deal. Almost too good to be true. I go back to the Doc in June to have the ileostomy bag removed and my plumbing hooked up again. I will be on the chemo pills until then also. All is good!!
            Good luck to all,
            Gene

Comment

Gene, you have much to give here, don't get discouraged and stop coming, pass on the good, share the not so good. You never know who you may be helping. Many people will read, but never post. I would like that to change, but it will take all of us giving all we've got.

thank you for posting and I hope you will come back. We have some good leaders today and I would love to help all of you share what we have to help others.

Look up and keep smiling, Gene, Julia s
              Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
              'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
              X