Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone had a CSF leak without a headache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone had a CSF leak without a headache?

I had steroid injections in January, thoracic and lumbar. 1 week later I started having symptoms of a leak. Headache (mild/moderate), dizziness, tinnitus, nausea. Had blood patch done, and HA was gone 2 days later. But again, the HA was never that bad to begin with. And it was never positional. All other symptoms stayed. Had additional blood patch, made all symptoms worse. Still no headache though. I'm 3 months out and still have dizziness, nausea (it's awful), and tinnitus. Some days are better than others. Doctor wants to do CT Myelogram on Friday, and I'm hesitant. At this point, I'm wondering if I'm having a reaction to the blood patches, or if I still have a leak, or if I ever had one to begin with. I'm tired of feeling sick to my stomach everyday and walking around in a fog with weird feelings in my head and eyes. This has to be one of the most frustrating feelings in the world. My poor kids need their Mom back. Do I continue to ride the wave, or have the myelogram and risk exacerbating a current leak to confirm it? I am so down about this, anyone with similar symptoms, please please respond. I really appreciate it.
    thanks,
    Jenny

No, the headache is unmistakable.. I really hope a leak isn't your problem...
    Brain/Pit tumor=17 brain surgeries 20year csf leak(Feb, 1993) After initial tumor removal!, SPMS , Hydrocephalus from a intraventricular hemorrhage! Panhypopituitary, Diabetes Insipidus, tension pneumatocele, ( air under the skull next to the brain), 2 craniofacial craniotomies, several shunt revisions, 7 bifrontal craniotomies ... Dag "If I started crying I wouldn't stop!

Comment

I've had leakage out of ear for the past year that was finally recently diagnosed as CSF.

My symptoms include diziness, occasional vertigo, varying tinnitus and a disgusting pillow case every morning. I have not had an accompanying headache so I'm at least lucky about that.

Comment

Working...
      X