OT April Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make enough for me too!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
      ... I am going to try Rhubarb again..... I had some and one fall I was sick (imagine that) and forgot to cover it with mulch and it didn't make it through the winter. I have been told that should not make a difference but it does for us anyway. I also have to replace my asparagus it finally gave up the ghost this year. I got 16 years out of it so cant complain. I cannot stand the smell of it cooking it makes me sick but I do like it raw to me it tastes like fresh peas. ...
      Strange. I grew up in Wisconsin and we had rhubarb. I don't remember covering it but it always survived the winter.

This year was the first time I ever had raw asparagus. I agree it does taste good.

Comment

Raw rhubarb is delicious. Lots of veggies are great eaten raw: peas, cauliflower,broccoli, spinach, kohlrabi, are all better raw, in my house!
        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

neighbor brought over "6" bags of rhubarb,,OMG,., it took forever to package it, and I did make a rhubarb crisp.. and it was delicious,, we have a huge garden,,we grow everything, but potatoes,,we just can't get it to grow,,
          " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

My Grandma had a rhubarb garden and I remember it being very bitter,
            raw..Eewww! Much better cooked with lots of sugar. I was a kid...
            whataya expect? We're talking 70 years ago., but can still
            remember biting into that raw rhubarb, in the yard.
            Last edited by SalpalSally; 04-27-2015, 09:28 AM.
            Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

I said raw rhubarb was delicious. It is, but what I MEANT to say was raw ASPARAGUS is delicious...along with a bunch of other veggies. Is rhubarb a fruit or a veggie?? And rhubarb/strawberry pie (or crisp) ain't bad, either... :)
              ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

I love raw asparagus in salads. Yummmmm.
                Love, Sally

Comment

Made a quick trip to my Mom's in Upstate NY this weekend. Still snow in the woods. Still making Maple Syrup. Still freezing at night and warmer during the day. Warmest while we were there was 48 degrees. Still no buds on anything other than the Magnolia but the daffodils and hyacinths, crocus and blues are all blooming.

Comment

Ooh, daffodils! We have some in the front yard now!

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

I bought a new laptop since my old one was in the shop for better than a month now... I got the new one a week ago. Many of the posts from this month cracked me up, especially the ones from Howie.

Spring started in late February, early March this year. Rain has been minimal, they have been predicting a drought this year since we only have 25% of the snow pack. We did get a little more snow in the past couple of weeks, even enough to finally open the ski resorts, but not enough for it to make it worth it for the operators. It warmed up again a few days later and the snow started melting, but this will not help the potential drought situation.

The tulips bloomed, the tourists flocked to Skagit County for the annual Tulip Festival. I'm glad April is almost over, the traffic was a nightmare.
                      s
                      Jendie
                      I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

Jendie, I often used to hear about that tulip festival when I lived in WA state. I had no idea it was so popular but of course it would be!
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Howie? Thank you, thank you.....I would like to thank all the little people who brought me to this point.................
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

And your point is, Howie?
                            Love, Sally

Comment

That was part of The Joker's speech in the Batman movie.

Albert Einstein

Comment

This seems more like who he would have meant: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Working...
                                X