Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Default Why marijuana may help MS symptoms

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Smile

I always figured it was because you couldn't care less about pain or
    anything else when you were stoned.

And will stick to that belief.

So Governor, where's my marijuana fudge?
    Last edited by renee; 02-26-2015 at 01:57 AM. Reason: buzz off

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

I'd really like to see scientists, not stoners, develop strains, so I can rely on what I'm getting and how it may help me.

Aren't there any stoner-scientists out there? Or are they too spaced out to adhere to scientific standards and methodology?

I'm just not sure I trust stoners to be my quality control for a therapeutic product.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I am 100% FOR it. The only thing that I irritates me is when you see the advocates on TV they have this wild hair or crazy shirts on. They do feel strongly about what they say but how can you expect anyone to take them seriously when they look like Spicolli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High?

My opinion and it is my opinion, that you don't need to get completely blasted to see the benefits any more than you have to get standing up falling down drunk to enjoy a 30 year old single malt Scotch.

I have to wonder if the law enforcement people wouldn't rather have it legal thereby allowing them to focus on Meth, crack etc.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to wonder if the law enforcement people wouldn't rather have it legal thereby allowing them to focus on Meth, crack etc.
    Can't you just picture them trying to administer a field sobriety test for pot?

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It would be silly to keep it illegal. It's very easy to grow from everything I've heard.

They tried making alcohol illegal and gave up on that. People were just making their own.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    It would be silly to keep it illegal. It's very easy to grow from everything I've heard.

They tried making alcohol illegal and gave up on that. People were just making their own.
    I agree with Agate. And frankly, I would rather have to deal with someone who has smoked weed than someone who is drunk. When you are stoned you typically can function and you are pleasant. You drive slowly. When people are drunk they are careless and cause greater disruption to the rest of us.

Gary, i don't know what pictures you have seen of pot growers but this is a profitable business venture. Growing pot and collecting taxes is already saving some state budgets. And it stops the waste of money on all the criminal costs associated with criminalizing pot.

Legalize pot and the state gets some happy taxpayers!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    My dad made the same comment 20+ years ago. This coming from a man who never broke a law. He said "I lived through Prohibition and there was as much liquor as there ever was just no tax stamps."

What I mean about the perceptions about the people involved with the business end. No matter what, people are going to form an immediate opinion by the way they look dress etc. If you are appearing on camera or a congressional hearing and have 3" gauges in both ears, facial piercings and dread locks the majority of people are going to form an immediate bad opinion. Versus a shirt and tie.

I know you shouldn't do that but it happens. I think that if you want people to take you seriously you need to look, dress and act the part. And "look" professional.
    Last edited by Gary; 02-26-2015 at 08:50 AM.

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

You can't legislate human nature.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile Simpson's oil

:) On another MS board I frequent a lady from Canada with pretty debilitating MS has been using Simpson's oil which relieves her spasms, decreases depression and lets her hands be used easier.

She takes about a rice grain size of the Simpson's oil. However she said it is too expensive to do all the time or she would. Simpson's oil is made from marijuana. Jeanie :)

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast