Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just lost my pain Doc because of Obamacare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just lost my pain Doc because of Obamacare.

It wasn't bad enough that I had to buy insurance I can't afford and can't use anywhere, now my pain doctor can't prescribe for me because I pay him cash. The powers that be consider that to be the same as me paying cash for drugs. Now I have to find someone to help me finish my titration down.

I think I will go to the marijuana people after I no longer take dilaudid, I read that it was good for nerve pain and maybe I can grow that myself. I will miss Dr. A, he has helped me for about 12 years, the best pain management I ever had.
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
    Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Damn sorry to hear that Lil E :( At least in CA it's "legal" to get medicinal marijuana :)
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

I'm SO SO sorry! I lost my health insurance too and must pay for everything related to my Cerebral Palsy out of pocket. It sucks!
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Lil E - my heart goes out to you. Definitly check out the MMJ - They have vaporizers with thc cartridges if you have lung problems - the smoke is a lt cleaner and still has the calming effect. I got tossed frm my medicaid provider, who before tossing me cut me from 180 to 90 - oh what $%&^& fun.
        then of course the VA will only pick me up at 90 - no compassion at all - gave me all of 30 Tylenol 3 to help with a full mouth dental extraction the rest will be unspoken - I can't smoke - it legal here too - AND arizona has spoken - federal laws that they don't agree with - they ignore -I don't see if you have C/P how they can deny you medicaid - I truly feel for you and hope it gets better. I asked my VA shrink what should be done for chronic pain - he COULD NOT ANSWER ME - same with another drug he gives me - he has told me that "higher up's have decreed that I have to taper off , asked why, he had no answers except the DEA. I do not want to seem bitter but wait until THEY get old and can get NO relief - maybe Karma will even things out as I would not wish my condition or yours on anybody. Anyway, I will pray for you, I am a minister and always try to help. If you ever want to speak frankly, PM Me.
        Blessings
        alex44
        Skypilot

Comment

Lile sorry to hear this news. I hope you can qualify for MMJ and it does the job for your pain.
          1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
          2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Thanks guys I always count on you to at least commiserate. Alex, I don't qualify for anything because my husband gets too much from state disability plus disability insurance he had from work. Too much according to them! I have an appointment with a new doc, I need to finish my titration. I'm down to 32 mg dilaudid daily from 48mg, not feeling too good. My daughter has tried MMJ and knows people who do so I have help with it. In my case ingesting it would serve me better than smoking. I have lost my doctors who have been with me for 10+ years because they won't take Obamacare insurance, it doesn't pay enough. Some doctors are not taking ANY insurance due to ridiculous guidelines and payment issues.

Comment

dear lil e,

i'm sorry you lost your insurance and you're titrating down from a strong painkiller like dilaudid.

if you're over 65, you should qualify for medicare. there are guidelines on income, assets and property for medicaid recipients, though.

i think incorrect information about the affordable care act hurts more people than it helps. "obamacare" is NOT an insurance. if you read: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..., you will get more information.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), commonly called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or "ObamaCare", is a United States federal statute signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010. Together with the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act amendment, it represents the most significant regulatory overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system since the passage of Medicare and Medicaid in 1965. The ACA was enacted to increase the quality and affordability of health insurance, lower the uninsured rate by expanding public and private insurance coverage, and reduce the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government. It introduced mechanisms like mandates, subsidies, and insurance exchanges. The law requires insurance companies to cover all applicants within new minimum standards and offer the same rates regardless of pre-existing conditions or sex. Additional reforms were increased competition, regulation, and incentives to streamline the delivery of healthcare. In 2011 the Congressional Budget Office projected that the ACA would lower both future deficits and Medicare spending.
              yes, some people lost their doctors because their insurance did not meet the standards set forth by the affordable care act. i also think your problems with getting drugs are due to the new regulations recently enacted that put painkillers in a different schedule of drugs. this has nothing to do with obamacare and is a result of the fda (food and drug administration), putting tighter regulations on certain drugs like the one you are taking (Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...).

i hope this clears some things up for you and i hope you read about the new regulations and perhaps talk to an insurance person who can give you some advice on what type of insurance would be the best for you!

thank you for sharing and caring,
              jeannie
              Last edited by tic chick; 03-19-2015, 07:43 PM.
              WE ARE BT!
              "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
              "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
              "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

I didn't lose my insurance, I was forced to buy insurance that I can't afford and no doctors take. I got it from an Anthem/Blue Cross agent. The doctors out here won't take it due to not being paid enough, the insurance meets the guide lines. We were offered two choices Anthem or Kaiser, bad or worse. Pain Management is being phased out, they don't want anyone using enough opiate medication to do any good unless you're terminal. Back to the bad old days.

Comment

jeanie, the changes in the law brought about by the ACA has hurt many middle class workers and it isn't misinformation. That's all I will say since this isn't a political site but my wife and I are paying much more for our health care as many others are. No matter what the claims are for the ACA it hasn't lived up to the claims but when politicians get in bed with insurance companies to come up with changes in health care we can't expect anything else.
                  1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
                  2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

I hope the MMJ helps. It can be ingested through everything from cookies and candies to capsules. That typically works better for body issues. Higher CBD level than THC level. Those with both mental and physical often like the levels high in both. Research the medical cannabis forums. I just got dumped by my new paîn doc. My new pain med I can get is 800 mg ibuprofen from 2mg of methadone a day the doc actually told me to smoke more MMJ if it helps. Thanks doc. Great help.

Comment

Lil 'e - I wish you the best. MMJ does help - if you live in a state where it is legal in any form medical or recreational - I will reserve my comments on the rec. stuff to myself) but be aware that where I live, To get the card, you need a physician to certify you $150. and the another $150 ($75 if on food stamps) snap - and prices are not cheap at the dispensary - but when you find the right strain - there are many and the folks at the dispensary are usually knowledgeable, - tell them what you are achieve and they will help you pick one - you can usually buy a -pre-rolled cigerette so you can sort of try before you buy 10-12$ is the norm. I have not experianced obama care - I have enough troubles with Medicaid and the VA. so i would hang in there. Note - if you go MMJ - You get you records, Medical that that is and do NOt sign any consent forms for the doc. to share info or request info. if the doc has issues with this, find another doc as a doc who does this kind of certification will be known and you chances of getting real pain meds will be zero. In closing, if it gets too bad, you have options. It depends on what you can deal with - a good example is me and my partner of 25 years are NOT married as it would really screw us up. if you ever want other options, let me know, as I am an ordained minister, I can give you some that keeps your relationship intact.
                      Blessings
                      Alex44
                      Skypilot
                      Best of luck

Comment

I've been watching videos on you tube about withdrawal and MMJ. So much knowledge out there. I know how you feel, HC, I was with my doc over 10 years and am having a hard time finding one who will help me because of how high my meds still are and how many others I take. MMJ could take the place of three or four of them.
                        Last edited by Lil E; 03-24-2015, 09:15 PM.

Comment

lil I was able to get rid of three meds, well four now that my PM doc ditched me. A lady told me yesterday that her husband had an especially bad patch of psoriasis they'd tried everything on and decided to try a MMJ tincture that has caused it to finally start getting smaller and he is far more comfortable. I've been told that there is a strain out there that can be used to treat almost anything. I take so many other meds that I wonder if my liver or kidneys might be the death of me lol.

Comment

I'm hoping for the same thing after I finish getting off dilaudid. My daughter uses a tincture she makes but I think eatables will be better for me. What is mostly used for pain is an indica strain with low THC and higher CBD. I'm also going to try it on one of my dogs nose cancer.

Comment

Good for you, Houghchrist
                              Blessings
                              Alex444
                              Skypilot

Comment

Working...
                              X