Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New film about disabled guy who must solve a mystery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New film about disabled guy who must solve a mystery!

My new film “Crips Not Creeps” has been released online! The film is about a guy with Cerebral Palsy who must solve a mystery.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

(this link has open captions for the deaf)

Synopsis: A few months after the events of “Only Those Who Limp Allowed” Brandon and Randy(who both have Cerebral Palsy) are still living together and things are going well, until Brandon gets accused of stalking his ex girlfriend Madison and must prove he is innocent before he loses Randy’s trust and possibly everything else he has ever worked for.
    Please note that the use of the word “Crip” (which is a shortened version of the word cripple that people in the disability community use as a slang term to refer to physically disabled individuals)is not meant as an offense to anyone who is physically disabled(such as the characters in these films) or mentally disabled or otherwise. All of the characters in the film who are disabled are played by actors who are disabled in real life. Film is fully copyrighted to me.

Feedback is welcomed.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Two Thumbs Up!

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Excellent venture!

Good story ~ a broken romance, competition, misunderstanding, the relationship between Randy and Brandon, trust/mistrust, resolution. You captured quite a bit in 20 minutes!

I liked the establishing shots in the city, and the ambient noise (bus and dog barking), which gave the film grit. Surroundings can become characters. I also enjoyed your use of flashbacks and the film technique you employed to distinguish them from "real time."

I am left with wondering about Madison. Did Brandon explain to her what happened? A part of me wants this resolution for Madison.

I enjoyed your opening with Brandon running to the audition, while showing the audition in progress. Clever.

Well done! I know that you worked diligently on this film, and my hat is off to you! Kudos!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Great film! I really liked the two leads - you have some great actors. Like Rose, I think the city scape worked well as background and incidental shots. Great story!
      Thanks for sharing :)
      Donna
      Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
      Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
        ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Excellent venture!

Good story ~ a broken romance, competition, misunderstanding, the relationship between Randy and Brandon, trust/mistrust, resolution. You captured quite a bit in 20 minutes!

I liked the establishing shots in the city, and the ambient noise (bus and dog barking), which gave the film grit. Surroundings can become characters. I also enjoyed your use of flashbacks and the film technique you employed to distinguish them from "real time."

I am left with wondering about Madison. Did Brandon explain to her what happened? A part of me wants this resolution for Madison.

I enjoyed your opening with Brandon running to the audition, while showing the audition in progress. Clever.

Well done! I know that you worked diligently on this film, and my hat is off to you! Kudos!

Love & Light,

Rose
        THANK YOU SO MUCH Rose! I'm so thrilled you love it! There was an earlier draft of the script where Brandon talks with Madison but it was cut because of issues with story flow and some of the old lines from the scene with Madison were used to create Brandon's letter. I will keep the note about Madison in mind for the future. I definitely wanted to show more of Brandon and Randy's relationship so I am glad that came through in your viewing.

Great film! I really liked the two leads - you have some great actors. Like Rose, I think the city scape worked well as background and incidental shots. Great story!
        Thanks for sharing :)
        Donna
        Thanks so much Donna! Yes the lead actors have improved on their acting skills for this film. I'm so proud of them!

Just so everyone knows a new version of the film was enhanced with higher visual quality. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... I'm not sure if the earlier lower quality upload will be deleted or not. I think everything will stay as it is because I can use the different versions in different situations. I'll keep you all updated if anything changes with the upload links. You can share the enhanced version on social media etc if you like. I don't mind at all.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Surprise! This film and my other 2 films are being screened publicly. The press release mentions donations but I am not receiving donations myself nor am I asking anybody on this forum to donate.

For Immediate Release:
          Teatro Paraquas in collaboration with Crips Video Productions, is presenting a screening of three short films on May 16th*at 6:00pm at the Teatro Paraquas studio located at 3205 Calle Marie, Ste B in Santa Fe.
          Crips Video Productions make short independent films that increase understanding of disability through engaging characters and storytelling. The films are created by people with disabilities and are written, directed and produced by Margot Cole, (a former student of The Childrens Theatre and currently a student at Kingsborough College in New York).
          The films being shown are:*Only Those Who Limp Allowed,*Crips Not Creeps, and*Drama Sighted.*There will be a q&a following the screening with the producer/director. Admission is by free will donation.
          For more info: Teatro Paraquas Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
          Margot Cole*cripvideoproductions@yahoo.com

Comment

My film "Crips Not Creeps" is being screened again in Santa Fe New Mexico on July 29th 2015. See here Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... I receive NO monetary gain from this or other screenings and do NOT ask for donations.
            Last edited by funnylegs4; 07-19-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X