No announcement yet.

OT January Chit Chat,,2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls, see that guy there.....GET HIM!!!!

Cherie, I'm jealous, but still wish you a great trip!!! Enjoy!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, I didn't see the snail. He must be very small. Eyes going bad by the day it seems. I spent so much time in hospital the last 4 years I missed many dental appointments. sure did dread going when things let up with DR.s and hospitals. Well a root canal, small cavaty, cleaning, not too bad after all. Now I'm good for 6 months.

About the Super Bowl, if some one wants to come visit they are welcome. Bring your own eats, snacks etc. but you have to be quiet during the game. I actually do enjoy football, but can do without all the crap going on the last 2 weeks.

Mr. Jo would be happy to serve the food and drinks since he is not too fond of sports. So, everybody is invited. We may even get some of that snow this time around. Nothing major

Wishing good health and happiness to all, Julia
      Last edited by Jo6; 01-29-2015, 05:35 PM.
      Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
      'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Julia, I've been lucky, and have only been in a hospital one time. But of all things, it was eye surgery, and this surgeon didn't want to knock you out for this surgery. I had a detached retina. He sticks needles in your eye, repeated times. Is it getting cold in here, I just got the chills!

I don't care for any sports but Drag Racing because I used to do it. I still have a hotrod, but never drive it, but it's here if I get the urge!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, how is the new pain med working for you? Good stuff?
          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

The new pain med, I dropped after 4 days. It took me that long to get around to reading about it. It's too dangerous for me, and it's made for short term use anyway. The reasons I hurt aren't going away. So for now, I'll stick with my old pain med, and Ibuprofen.

Thanks for asking!

Albert Einstein

Comment

TC dogged a big time bullet. Still has buckshot, though. What ails him is not the cancerous myeloplastic anemia, but instead macrocytosis. That also is a blood disorder, but not nearly as dangerous. Whew. Macro... often is caused by a vitamin b12 and/ or folate deficiency, or alcoholism. His vitamin levels are nirmal, his iron is high. The one thing he can control is his drinking. Now mind you, TC is a small man. 5'7 and 145 pounds on a good day. And there may be a hereditory thing too. But the bottom line us no alcohol at all. So he stopped his daily cocktail, and the pub now serves him seltzer with a dash of bitters. He has double hernia surgery next week, and then has to have a bone marrow biopsy done to confirm the diagnosis. Once that all happens, we will return to the hematologist to find out the treatment plan. But we are both breathing, again.

In the meantime, a new year has started and the folks who fill the prescription for my techfidera are fighting with my insurance company to pay for it. I have 3 days worth of pills left. I love bureaucracy....not.

Cold here. 17 this morning. Not much snow here; a lot of melting over the last few days, but someone left the freezer door open last night and the temperature dropped from 32 to somewhere below 17, then came up a bit. Wont last; supposed to be in the single digits by monday.

I finally got to the dentist a couple of weeks ago, after having been away for two years. Look, ma, no cavities!!! (Or maybe you all are too young to remember that toothpaste commercial?)
              ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

What a relief, Cat! I am so happy there is a treatment plan and the diagnosis was not as dire as it might have been.

I hope the hernia surgery goes really well.

Glad the dentist went well (yes, I remember that commercial). Hope the drug approval is sorted out soon! Enjoy a non-alcoholic celebratory weekend!
                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

WooHoo Cat n TC !!!!!!
                  Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

thank the gods for this Cat,, been very concerned here in Iowa, tell TC I said hi,,insurance whoas, make life very interesting,, never boring,, been down that road myself,,

snow coming in, this weekend, we butchered 10 hogs last Saturday, have a beef hanging to get cut up this weekend,,so say "wheres the beef"? in our butcher shop,,

doing good,,finally ,,

later then,,
                    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

Cat,
                      What a relief! I hope stopping his daily cocktail is not difficult for him. I know I mentioned it here before but now that I am on Medicare, I can get no copay assistance for any of the orals or injectables. Our Adjusted gross income is low enough but because we own real estate as part of our retirement portfolio (paid off so rents coming in will help to support us), there is no company that will provide assistance. We would have to divest ourselves of those assets while on Medicare to get assistance. A real discrepancy as people with higher incomes and more assets with commercial insurance can get any of these drugs with 0 copay.

When we get back from the cruise, I will start on IV Rituxin for the MS. It has been approved by Medicare with no copay since I am beginning to progress on the other DMTs. It's 2 infusions 2 weeks apart and is repeated at 6 month intervals. See you in February (after the 9th).

Comment

Originally posted by Cherie

When we get back from the cruise, I will start on IV Rituxin for the MS. It has been approved by Medicare with no copay since I am beginning to progress on the other DMTs. It's 2 infusions 2 weeks apart and is repeated at 6 month intervals. See you in February (after the 9th).
                        Have a great cruise, Cherie!

Let me know how the Rituxan works for you, feedback from those on the meds really helps!

Comment

I'm really sorry, Cherie, that you can't get help with your medicine. I don't understand why not. We have considerable assets, investment income (but no real estate other than the 15 acres and our home). We were never asked what assets we have, not property, not investment income, not current income. I had been on SSDI for years before turning 65, when Medicare kicked in. We have a private insurance that we've paid premiums for. Between that and Medicare, I only have a co-payment for Tecfidera, $15/month. When I was on Betaseron, it was $10/month. Maybe the requirements have changed, but Medicare hasn't ever asked. Anyway, my insurance issues have been resolved and I'll get my next shipment of Tecfidera on Monday. I'll miss just one dose, so I think it will work out fine. I have to say I haven't noticed any change in my disability level on it, so don't know if it is "working".

No, giving up drinking isn't a problem for TC. It was more a social thing -- hanging out, chatting with the guys there. He can and is quite willing to do that without alcohol. He told me that if he had known just how severely the alcohol would have affected him (he was diagnosed with anemia...but no specific type...years ago), he would never had started, and certainly not as frequently. The doctor did say "an occasional glass of wine, or cocktail" isn't a problem, just not quantities.

In the meantime, I am improving. Had an assessment today by the visiting nurse who has been the primary nurse seeing me for these past 7 months. She compared what I could do when I first got out of the nursing home and then what I can do now, and was pleasantly surprised at the improvement. She also compared notes about how the wound looked when I got home, and how it is now, and was also impressed. So overall, a good day. We'll be going to the wound clinic on Monday and see what they say. The wound is still deep and ugly but much much better. This old Cat used up probably 4-5 of my 9 lives, but I'm still here. Going to be 68 in a week.....gotta live past that....
                          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

I think every day, they continue to learn how toxic alcohol is, unfortunately TC had to learn the hard way, but hopefully in time to reverse any ill effects.

Hope the wound clinic appointment goes well and they are pleased with the improvements. You're on the right track! I wonder if Tecfidera interferes with wound healing in any way?

Comment

Rituxan has been working for me for the last several years...

Originally posted by Cherie View Post
                              Cat,
                              What a relief! I hope stopping his daily cocktail is not difficult for him. I know I mentioned it here before but now that I am on Medicare, I can get no copay assistance for any of the orals or injectables. Our Adjusted gross income is low enough but because we own real estate as part of our retirement portfolio (paid off so rents coming in will help to support us), there is no company that will provide assistance. We would have to divest ourselves of those assets while on Medicare to get assistance. A real discrepancy as people with higher incomes and more assets with commercial insurance can get any of these drugs with 0 copay.

The rituxan has been working so well that I have continued to find ways to farm. And I have been well so that as my husband has been sick for 2 1/2 years now, I have been able to give real help. I have no side effects from rituxan.

Even recently, as I had a major flare, I think I am doing better than I would have without it.

The reason I think it helps is that I can feel/see the change as I get closer to the next infusion.

It is true that I have done really well with several treatments that work well for a few years and then do not. maybe my body just adjusts too easily but I have been really helped by them all. Novantrone and rituxan have been my favorites.

Good luck with your journeys!
                              Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Hi Everyone!!

This is your Saturday Giggle...LOL!
                                Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Working...
                                X