Stiff person syndrome and breathing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiff person syndrome and breathing

This is a more personal aside. I have struggled with asthma for a lifetime. It was under control until last month. In addition, there is a stiffening of muscles at the bottom of the front of my rib cage which makes it feel worse. The stiffening comes and goes, is uncomfortable, not painful, but uncomfortable. Like Iam wearing a tight belt there at the bottom of the ribs cage.

With MS, they call this the MS Hug.
    Whether its MS or SPS causing the discomfort, who knows, but I do not like this rib cage hug, I do not like it at all, not in the house, not in the car, not in the bed , not inthe pool, I do not like this hug at all (a la Dr Seuss).

I’ve had that banding from MS, Sunshine, and it is hard to think or do anything.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
      Iíve had that banding from MS, Sunshine, and it is hard to think or do anything.

ANN

Any tricks, or do you just wait it out? Still waiting to see a Pulmonoloigst about the breathing issue.

Comment

SPS is so uncomforting. Oh how i really not to have this respiratory sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
          Any tricks, or do you just wait it out? Still waiting to see a Pulmonoloigst about the breathing issue.
          The only thing that helped was IV steroids and I have vowed to only do those for more vision, swallowing, etc. Fortunately, I have a milder version recently.

ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Working...
          X