March 2021: Keep on Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 2021: Keep on Moving

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves that.

Rabbit Rabbit...

TOday I swam and the water was 86F air was 70– very comfortable temps. Then I cooked a meal for three days, my housekeeper helps me clean this up, making the task so much easier.
    I will rest much of the day. Walking was better yesterday: 1080 steps. Don’t know why it varies.But was glad for it.

Comment

Sunshine, glad that your walking was better. Have you heard anything about rescheduling the baclofen pump surgery?

ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Sunshine,
        Good question...with no answer. Why does our ability vary from day to day given the same circumstances from day to day.
        Glad you had a good walking day.
        Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Sunshine, I knew you would be right back at it. That step count it great.

Well, yesterday I went to the pharmacy and spent an hour just shopping and finding things I didn't know I needed (and probably didn't). I had to go in to pick up a prescription and ended up staying for an hour.

Then I went to the grocery store. Instead of usual hour I spent an hour and a half in there. I bought lots of things that were not on my grocery list, but I should be set for a little while. I walked an awful lot and was terribly worn out. My legs and feet were barely moving. Then when I got home I had 4 trips down my sidewalk to get the groceries in and each time I had to get up my 6 steps in front. Then I put the groceries away and took two bags of trash out. That's nine steps down to the trash can. While in the grocery I just happened to be walking by the bakery and they had brownies of all things. They came six to a package, so I got those. They are a little heavy on the chocolate and no nuts. They said they were Garibaldi's and I thought they would be pretty good. Anyway, I think they will satisfy my craving for brownies that I have had since Ann mentioned them.

I was just going to fix some dinner when my youngest brother called. We talked for quite awhile. I was just with him Tuesday when he took me to get my shot, but I forgot to ask about the "all in one computer". I also forgot to ask about my youngest nephew, the golfer. Turns out he was on his way home from Porto Rica where he had gone to play in a tournament. He came in third. Then my middle brother called and told me that they had showed my nephew so much of yesterday on TV. His Dad had a Junior Golf Tournament he was working, so he was watching to see where he stood in the tournament on his phone, but my middle brother was at home watching him live on TV. He asked if I had watched Grayson on TV and I told him if the family would let me know what was going on I would have stayed at home and watched and then gone out today. grrrr!

Anyway, I got dinner about 8:30 last night. Just getting the groceries in, putting them away and emptying the trash and stuff like that takes up a lot of time. It was very late when I got to bed and I was very tired this morning, but then I am pretty tired most mornings. I do a little better in the late afternoon.
          Virginia

Comment

Today seemed like a good time to tackle the stove in preparation for the inspection on Monday. I was delighted to find that it hardly needed much cleaning at all--probably because only a few months ago we had another inspection, and I had cleaned it up then and just don't cook much.

So all I had to do was one burner, the one I use most, and the outside of the stove. However, the burners are a problem because it's hard to get them back in place. It's often a wrestling match between the burner and me and involves a flashlight and a pliers because there are some metal clamps that often need to be bent ever so slightly to make the whole thing fit. I'm still working on the burner I started on this morning. It's clean but it does need to be seated better so it isn't popping out. It's a problem with the stoves they put in here. They're basically good stoves--they just have this one quirk.

Anyway it takes a bit of arm and hand effort to tinker with even one burner. I'm glad I didn't have to do the other three.

But, except for taking trash out to the dumpster, that has been my physical activity today. I'm sitting for most of the rest of today, just sitting and crocheting and watching season 2 of another PBS drama, "Broadchurch."
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Today I swam my full swim in warm water. I feel so spastic after swimming, but I know its important to push myself.
              I am resting most of the day except for 2 brief dr visit , both at home.

Comment

Average daily step count for February (based on 24 days): 1,647 steps/day

Slightly better than January's average, 1,520.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Going in the right direction! (Literally and figuratively)
                  Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Agate, you just keep on getting those high numbers.
                    Virginia

Comment

Yesterday I did a foolish thing and I am paying today. I went to the grocery store and shopped up and down every isle in there. I stocked up on things that I could. At the end, the last isle, I was afraid I wasn't going to make it back to the check out, but finally got everything loaded in car.

When I got home it took 4 loads to bring everything down my walk and up the six steps. I almost called a neighbor, but I was too tired to engage in any conversation so I kept sliding my feet along. I then unloaded groceries and put them away, which took a long time. Mailman must be off because I hadn't received any mail in a long time, so I had swung by my mailbox in my car and I had to go through all that. Then I took 2 loads of trash out going up and down 9 more steps and 2 loads of recycling going the same steps.

I was too tired to sleep much at all last night, so today I am worn out completely. The only thing I have done is washed two loads of clothes and I will make my bed later when I feel a little more rested. I am suffering backaches now when I try to walk much or stand much. That is adding to an already situation that is not good.

Hope Sunshine is just busy with her usual IVIg or other routine Doctor appointments. Not that any Doctor appointments are really routine. I don't think we have seen her in a few days.
                      Virginia

Comment

Wow, Virginia, you were Wonder Woman yesterday. You have truly earned your aching back and fatigue.

Treat yourself to a book and some chocolate and maybe a heating pad.

You rock!
                        ANN

Comment

Virginia, getting so tired you can't sleep is the pits. Congratulations on getting so much accomplished, though!'

The question is always, "How much can I get away with?" I can't ever figure it out right somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                            The question is always, "How much can I get away with?" I can't ever figure it out right somehow.
                            That IS the MS question. Definitely.

ANN

Comment

I was unable to walk and had painful tingling and pre spasm activity 24 hours after my second Moderna shot. Within another 24 hours, the tingling was gone. Unsure about the walking: will try it later.

Comment

Working...
                              X