No announcement yet.

COVID-19 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Rose! I hope she comes out of the fatigued state soon too. My other friend and his mom have no physical symptoms of COVID but are still positive for COVID upon testing, apparently. Heard from my other coworker who has cancer and my friend with the stroke and they are completely healthy thank god as they are both extremely high risk. Most people I know simply streamed the Super Bowl and Zoomed :)
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

A dear friend had the second dose of the vaccine on Friday afternoon. Twelve hours later, she experienced fever, chills, headache and joint pain. Fever is gone today, but headache and joint pain remain. She said her symptoms were "in the anticipated range" associated with the second shot. She had no reaction after the first dose.

funnylegs4 ~

So glad that your friends, who are high risk, are healthy. I wonder why your other friends are still testing positive for COVID. There is so much we don't know about this virus.

Prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose and Parsi it is the bathroom that is keeping me up and has been for at least a couple of years.
        Virginia

Comment

I believe it was post #24 in this thread where Rose mentioned wondering how vaccinated people could still get COVID-19. I just ran across an example that illustrates one way:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Good article regarding people having COVID after being vaccinated. Thanks for posting Agate.
            Virginia

Comment

I donít know if you heard this speech on NPR. It matters not your political persuasion to hear this ten minute speech. And remember, This man tragically lost his first wife and his child in a car crash, and his adult son to Cancer.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Sunshine, he is a special man.
                Virginia

Comment

Sunshine ~

I watched his speech and the ceremony live on TV, and I wept heavily through it all. If anyone understands grief and tragedy, loss and recovery, faith to give us the strength to put one foot in front of the other, he is that person. Our nation needs comforting, and he threw a huge quilt of love over all of us. I could feel how much he wished he could reach out and hug all of us.

It seems that his administration is working constantly to return our country to where it needs to be to face the future. The goal is to conquer COVID. I pray that we can all over the world.

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

UPDATE: I heard from the female coworker who had COVID. She is completely negative for COVID19 but is so weak and exhausted that they diagnosed her with "post COVID19 syndrome" which is similar to some of her other conditions but is like a COVID specific fatigue and immune system disorder...yuck! I don't know if this means she has another disability on top of her other ones or if this is permanent for her. Poor thing. I hope she improves. Please pray for her?
                    My other male friend and his mom are negative but also have fatigue that is ongoing, though not to the extent that my coworker does. This virus can really damage the body. I get my vaccine as soon as the site that is most accessible to me has an appointment slot. My doctors say it's safe for me to have it according to current research.

The Biden speech was good. Biden had a lot of tragedy in his life and that breaks my heart for him.
                    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

funnylegs, I hope your coworker will recover soon. I understand that one big concern about COVID-19 is that it sometimes has severe lingering effects, and they're probably not sure how long those will last.

I don't know how others feel but seeing that white ball with red things sticking out of it chills me--the COVID-19 symbol, I guess it is, and I understand that it really does look a little like that under a microscope. Someone described it as "creepy," and that's how I feel about it. It's a creepy disease with a creepy appearance.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

funnylegs4 ~

I'm so sorry that your coworker is struggling with Post COVID Syndrome. Extreme fatigue can be so debilitating. Is she receiving any kind of treatment for her symptoms?

Here is what CDC says about Post COVID Syndrome:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...)

My prayers are with your friends, you and your family.

agate ~

COVID is creepy in every way.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 3.50.15 PM.jpg

It resembles a sea creature to me in some ways. Or it could be a chocolate ball, rolled in coconut or white sprinkles, with a dash of orange sprinkles or orange zest, and triangular globs of red icing carefully placed around it. Tragically, it is a deadly mass of virus.

Prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

To me it looks like a popcorn ball studded with cranberries, a sort of holiday decoration, and yet why should a holiday decoration look-alike be so deadly? Its similarity to a decoration just makes it all the creepier.

Comment

The Florida Governor has now lowered the age for vaccine to 55 or 50 for people who are frontline people, people who teach, Dr who are 55 and have at risk contact with patients, and any age person with a severe health problem.

Comment

Sunshine, they gave out a whole new bunch of people who will be eligible for the vaccine in my State today. I am not sure who all it included but many you talked about. I remember it was grocery workers, postal workers, people of all ages who have a health problem, people who work in the court system, teachers, etc.

Now that J&J have released their vaccine they are rolling right along with this.
                              Virginia

Comment

The J&J vaccine involves only one shot, doesn't it? That's the one I'd want but I don't know if there will be a choice when the time comes.

Meanwhile, this building's management company sent around a memo yesterday announcing that we can now have visitors and the elevator is no longer limited to just 1 person at a time. This will be a huge help though masks are still required and there will be no activity in the common areas. The laundry is still limited to 1 or 2 at a time.

My son's family could come and visit now but we decided to wait until all are vaccinated. The FaceTime arrangement is a nice way to chat and have a glimpse into their lives.

The memo stated that this county has recently gone from the Extreme Risk category to the High Risk category, and that's the reason why they felt it was all right to relax some restrictions. They are patting themselves on the back, too, for maintaining the resident COVID-19 cases at 1.8% since the start of the pandemic.

So maybe there's some light at the end of this tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                                X