Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinegar Reduced My Seizures

Hi Folks,

It's been a long time since I've posted here and I wish all of you well. I wanted to let you know I started using apple cider vinegar that has mother in it this past Feb. to lose weight
    and to my surprise it has reduced my seizures almost 50%. I take 2 tablespoons of vinegar in the morning and then drink some fluids coffee or juice and it fills me up but it has
    also reduced the seizures. If any of you want to lose weight and try and reduce your seizures give it a try. Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

((((((Sue)))))) ~

What fantastic news! I'm so happy for you!

I know that apple cider vinegar is supposed to be beneficial for digestion, but I never realized that it could reduce seizures! That's amazing!

What else are you taking to reduce your seizures?

May this continue for you and may your seizures continue to decrease!

God Bless You!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Hi ((( Rose))) ,

Take my word I was just as amazed when my seizures were reduced and the Dr. is still trying to figure this out.
      Right now I'm taking vimpat, mysoline, Diamox, and CBD (medical marijuana) for my seizures. I started the medical marijuana 2 yrs. ago and that
      really helped me a lot. My Epileptologist told me to start using it after they did a DNA test on me and found I was drug resistant to all seizure meds out
      on the market right now.
      I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Hi Porkette,

While I was in my hospital bed, I was doing a lot of reading and research on different techniques of interruptions and interventions that can, or have been successfully used to stop different types of seizures. Each one has in common a extreme stimulus to one or more of the senses at the very onset of the seizure. To be successful, it must be instigated when the onset is at a partial seizure, or beginning absence phase. (Possibly during Inter cranial spike) this is my guess, based on my experience. The technique known as Startle and Shake. Where one grabs the person by the shoulders, shakes them, and yells their name can be effective. Again, it needs to be done immediately at onset.

I had forgotten about these. I had first read about them before in the book Epilepsy; A New Aproach by Adrienne Richard & Dr Joel Reiter
        This was what first made me attempt to try to fight off my seizures some 25 or more years ago.
        I still use techniques published in that book.
        I even remember chapter one being named after the olfactory stimulus that the person used to stop her seizures!

”The Woman Who Sniffed Jasmine”

One of the best epilepsy books in my collection!
        Firehorse
        *fire*rodeo

Comment

Hi Firehorse,

It's great to hear from you and I want to thank you for sharing your info. regarding this book I will have to check it out. Years ago back in the 1970's my neuro I had then told me that
          the moment I started to feel a seizure start coming on to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists for a few seconds. If I did it quick enough it stopped
          my seizures. I've been using that method also for many yrs. Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Firehorse View Post
            Hi Porkette,

While I was in my hospital bed, I was doing a lot of reading and research on different techniques of interruptions and interventions that can, or have been successfully used to stop different types of seizures. Each one has in common a extreme stimulus to one or more of the senses at the very onset of the seizure. To be successful, it must be instigated when the onset is at a partial seizure, or beginning absence phase. (Possibly during Inter cranial spike) this is my guess, based on my experience. The technique known as Startle and Shake. Where one grabs the person by the shoulders, shakes them, and yells their name can be effective. Again, it needs to be done immediately at onset.

I had forgotten about these. I had first read about them before in the book Epilepsy; A New Aproach by Adrienne Richard & Dr Joel Reiter
            This was what first made me attempt to try to fight off my seizures some 25 or more years ago.
            I still use techniques published in that book.
            I even remember chapter one being named after the olfactory stimulus that the person used to stop her seizures!

”The Woman Who Sniffed Jasmine”

One of the best epilepsy books in my collection!
            WOW! Now I have to read about this even though I don't have epilepsy. My guess is the stimulus re directs the brain activity somehow but I would not be sure how it works at all.
            Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
            My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Hi Folks,

I hope all of you are doing well. I just wanted to update you on how the vinegar has been helping me. So far this yr. I've only had 33 seizures and last yr. (2017) I had 55 seizures so I know the
              vinegar has helped me out a lot and the seizures are either absences or auras no complex partials since I started with the vinegar. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Hi Porkette,
                That's great news! Who would have thought that apple cider vinegar would help with your seizures? It's even more strange that the docs don't know why this is helping you. Or is that strange? Sometimes they seem to be in the dark. I may have mentioned it on here before, but I finally found my "cure" on here. I asked my neurologist years ago if we had ever tried keppra? He said we had not. So I tried keppra with topamax that I was taking at the time and I have been seizure free for 8+ years now. I am so glad that is working for you.
                Gene

Comment

Hi Gene,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that the Keppra and Topamax are working well for you both of these meds increased my seizures so I didn't stay on them long plus the keppra gave me a hot temper.
                  I found out that in the vinegar with mother it has a protein and a healthy bacteria and I think this is what is helping reduce my seizures. It's wonderful that you have been seizure free for 8 yrs. I hope you
                  stay seizure free for life. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

I never knew vinegar was helpful for this. That's great.

Comment

Hi BettyJohn,

I never realized that apple cider vinegar with mother in it would reduce my sz. I started using it to lose weight and to my surprise I've only had 48 seizures since Feb. 2018 and it's now Nov. 3, 2018. This is the lowest amount of sz. I've ever had even since brain surgery back in 1994 which reduced my sz. the vinegar reduced them even more. Wishing You only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
                      Last edited by Porkette; 11-03-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Hi Folks,

Well it's been a long time since I posted a message but I wanted to give you an update and that's of Nov. 2019 I'm at the second lowest amount of seizures thanks to the apple
                        cider vinegar with mother. If you are having a hard time with your seizures get some of this vinegar and take 2 Tablespoons in the morning then drink some juice or coffee along with
                        your regular meals and meds and see if it helps you. Also if you go on YouTube and type in vinegar stops seizures you can watch a video about a girls seizures that completely stopped.
                        Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Comment

((((((Sue)))))) ~

I'm so happy for you that apple cider vinegar is still working so well for you in reducing your seizures. Isn't it amazing (and aggravating?) to think about all that you went through to get seizure control, the AEDs and other treatments, when apple cider vinegar was the answer? Why didn't one of your neuros think of that as an option? Not enough thinking outside the box, perhaps.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and success here. May you continue to have fewer seizures and may God bless you.

Love & Light,

Rose
                          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Hi Rose,

It's great to hear from you again. I have a feeling the Drs. didn't want to tell me or anyone about the apple cider vinegar because they are making money pushing seizure meds. I will admit that
                            my neuro never heard about it and the only way I found out that the vinegar worked is when I started to take it to lose weight and it helped me there and that's when I also noticed a big drop in the seizures.

I wish you only the Best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Comment

Myself, I can't lose any more weight. Depakote already did that to me years ago, and I am at about the minimum level now that I can take. I can see it in their eyes, my epileptologist of 25 years worries about me when he last saw my frame. After a bout with pneumonia in 2018, I had lost even more weight and muscle. I was pretty thin before that.

During a telemetry I had in May 2018, I had several breakthroughs. My seizure types have changed. Again. I am now having primarily generalized seizures, after having secondarily generalized tonic clonic, with focal seizures always preceding them. Fascinating. Yet I still have a reliable warning, and remember everything that happened before, and leading up to the seizure.
                              Of course the subject of seeking homeopathic medicine, instead of pharmaceutical options to combat seizures is a passion of mine. I hope perhaps to be able to someday add some serious information in this area. Until then, the best way is keep trying, finding what works best, practicing again and again, building the neural pathways that fight the seizure... Who knows, maybe patients working themselves to build neural pathways to "bridge the gap" over the "epileptogenic areas" that started it all, may end up being the cure? Really drugs only treat the seizures, they do nothing to end them. The drug companies never will want to end them. Realism states that we must find our own solution in a capitalistic world. This is a huge reason I began this over 25 years ago.

Practice makes perfect.
                              If you don't use it you lose it.
                              This is how the nervous system works.
                              Keep that vinegar flowing. It seems to work for you.
                              My guess is that it may work better for you as time goes on. Or, there are theoretically other possibilities, they are just as, or even more complex. We can leave those off the table for now. lol

Excellent find and share Porkette!
                              I hope to continue to hear about your progress.
                              I am intending to try to step up my involvement in epilepsy research.
                              I'll have to see who might be interested in my brainwaves, or perhaps even cognitive patient brainwave manipulation to achieve a purpose.
                              These are indeed fascinations of mine.
                              I have been doing that since the 1990's. I've even blogged about it here.
                              I will defiantly keep you guys posted on any of those types of developments.
                              Firehorse
                              *fire*rodeo

Comment

Working...
                              X