X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee -- I'm lonesome

I sure wish someone was chatting.

Hi Jingle,

It’s easy to be lonesome these days, I’m sure.

Tell me how you and your cat(s) are and what you’ve cooked today.

I made a butter bean and vegetable soup yesterday. Even with setting some aside for my mother in law we will still have it for at least one supper and two lunches.

The cats got a shopping bag full of fancy foods, treats and dry foods from a woman on Nextdoor that was giving it all away after her senior cat died. Wish I could share it with you and Chris.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Ann -- you are a kind and wonderful person. Bless your heart.

Today I ate leftover vegetable beef soup again Tomorrow I might fry some chicken.

Comment

I hear via the network news that chicken and beef may be hard to find in the upcoming months.

ANN

Comment

Yes - I've heard that too, over and over. IMHO we might be able to find some chicken and beef, but they will cost too much to buy.

Another 'cost too much' …. I am blessed with GREAT insurance to go with Medicare. In the past years I've had several major surgeries and many, many tests like PET and MRI, but I have never paid a penny (except the normal cost out of yearly income). Now I've been receiving stacks of papers about the surgeries I've had in the past two months. I owe!! It's just small amounts but I am very surprised. And very scared.

Comment

Have both of your insurances paid, Jingle?

I know with my mom’s recent hospitalizations, she had early bills that said she owed which she paid immediately because she can’t stand owing. Later, after her secondary paid, she actually got a refund check. Often, it’s hard to get money back already paid.

Best of luck on this.

It’s a snappy cool morning here. A beautiful day is unfolding.
            ANN

Comment

I think (lol lol) both insurances have paid … and those papers I have gotten are from the insurance companies - not the hospital or doctors. I won't pay until I get an actual bill/statement. The papers all have "This Is Not A Bill" printed across the top of the first page but end with "Amount Owed" on the bottom of the last page.

Here, in Missouri, it's lovely, 68* right now and supposed to hit 80* this afternoon. Wonderful day -- wonderful day that's supposed to turn into rain tonight and last through tomorrow, Sunday. I wonder if we will not have parking lot church tomorrow?

Comment

“Parking lot church” sounds so funny. It makes me smile.

Peter went to Trader Joe’s today. The only meat I wanted was boneless, skinless chicken breast and microwave bacon. They had they both. The only things onthe list that the didn’t have were coffee filters and a fresh sweet corn and buratto cheese ravioli.

Everything is wiped down and put away now. Time for second coffee.

ANN

Comment

There are real people here posting if that's any help, jingle.

I write posts here at BT and then change my mind before posting them. I do that a lot.

But I know this must be an uneasy lonely time for many people who are usually out and about more.

I've signed up for Netflix again and look forward to getting DVDs in the mail now. They also have streaming movies if you want.

I enjoy watching movies (or reading books) because they put me in a different world for a while and I forget the problems of the world I'm actually in. I use them for an escape, and maybe that's what most people do.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Most of my getting out is church … Sunday School and then worship service on Sunday morning, then another service on Sunday night, then Wednesday night service. And I baked soooo much - usually for the local police station.

Agate, I read A LOT. I love reading … right now I'm in A GENTLEMAN IN MOSCOW by Amor Towles. It's not gripping but it is good. I'm going to look around Amazon to see his other books. Amazon - lol. When I visit Amazon they greet me with, "Hi Nancy (I am a Nancy) We have some books we know you will enjoy." Then I get a nice, big list of books I probably will enjoy. Once in a while Amazon sends me a list of things they think I would like.

Ann - that's what I'm fixing for tonight's dinner -- boneless chicken breasts to be fried, potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw and cherry tomatoes. One of my favorite meals.

Comment

Nancy (it's nice to know your real name), I read A GENTLEMAN IN MOSCOW too and really liked it.

The news broadcasts I watch on TV are often coming from the reporters' homes, and I get glimpses of their home environments. This is really unusual. It's like being a guest in their homes. I feel like thanking them for inviting me in.

You get to see what pictures are on their walls, what houseplants they have, even their pets sometimes--even what books are on their shelves though usually the titles aren't readable. People who don't have any books on shelves in their places are usually people I don't have much in common with, and so seeing books on shelves in someone's place is comforting. (Someone else who reads--wow!)
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Agate -- what are you reading right now? I have such a nice, big stack of books that are waiting for me, I don't know my next one. I do know it's a real luxury to have that stack.
                        One time I ordered breakfast in a local café and opened my first book by Fredrik Backman. I found it not very gripping but kept reading -- then I hit Backman's sort beautiful, incredible paragraph and burst into tears!! The dear, kind waitress appeared at my table, gave me a handful of napkins and said, "Good book, huh?"

For a long time I took my finished books to the domestic abuse clinic or the local library. Then I learned the staff at "my" medical clinic- my doctor's office - wanted every book they could get - they keep their own small library. Then I learned the staff at my ENT clinic wanted books.

Comment

How kind of you to donate books where they are genuinely wanted!

I don't ever buy books any more, not since the 1980s, when I started to get recorded books through the National Library Service. People with MS can get them because there are vision problems as well as problems holding the printed material.

I put in requests for books and the library sends them, and I can keep them for several weeks. Just now of course no library is operating, and so everything has come to a halt but I have one book here that I'm still working on--a collection of novels by Dawn Powell--and the library has said patrons can hang onto their books on loan for a while yet.

I also have magazines through them but those aren't being sent either. I can download them onto a flash drive from a Website they have set up. I just downloaded a bunch of them and am catching up on magazines just now. I have 5 subscriptions, and so that's a lot of reading. Some are from March, and I'll be busy with these for a while.

The recordings are tone-indexed, and so I can skip articles in the magazines if I'm not interested in them. Consumer Reports, for instance, has a huge issue on cars every year (this year it runs to over 30 hours--most magazines are about 3-6 hours), and I skip almost all of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X