Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

jingle ~

I'm glad that you found some toilet paper. It brings us back to your original post starting this thread. People swarmed the stores for toilet paper, because they knew that other people would swarm the stores, and the supply would diminish rapidly. As in, "I better go out and buy lots of toilet paper, before there isn't any left on the shelves!"

I continue to receive emails from companies, where I've shopped. Even our bank sent us an email. Costco and some other stores are having an "elders only" period of shopping, so that seniors can worry a little less about exposure. Most stores have agreed that customers are limited to the quantity they can purchase, as it was for you at WalMart.

This is sensible, but I still think that it is wiser for every store to have a delivery service, such as Instacart. No one should have to go out shopping, when there are people, who can shop for them and bring the groceries to their door.

Realistically, there aren't enough test kits to determine whether your cashier or the person stocking the shelves has COVID-19. They could also have the flu or a cold. Our shoppers aren't being tested either.

The stores can declare that they are wiping down everything with industrial disinfectant every 4 hours (that isn't often enough when hundreds of people are shopping). Without tests, we have no idea who has or doesn't have the virus. Is it possible to test negative one day, and a few days later test positive? I suspect it is.

All of the schools in our county and adjoining counties have closed. Restaurants and bars are closing. That's the only way to keep the young folks out of them. Young people are typically oblivious to mortality. And that's fine, as long as they are conscientious about others, who are vulnerable.

Every person on Earth is susceptible to COVID-19, whether they have no symptoms, mild symptoms, or fatal consequences, we're all in this together. We have to change our way of living. We have to be more cautious. We have to learn not to take everything we have at our disposal for granted. We have to love and care about each other.

Stay home and be well. It's all we can do right now for ourselves and everyone around us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I certainly plan on staying home now … but … but...but … I don't know yet if my church will cancel Wednesday night service, my favorite. I desperately need that visit to the dentist and I hear dentists are closing except for drastic emergencies. I , I, I ….

I hope and pray that everyone is as safe and well stocked as I am, that everyone will be OK. I'm keeping each of you in my prayers.

Comment

((((((Jingle)))))) ~

Perhaps your church can find a way to have the Wednesday night service on line? The internet means that we don't have to give up social contact. Maybe this could be a project for your church and congregation to find a new way to connect. Suggest this to your minister/pastor, and hopefully something can be worked out so that you all can celebrate together, while being physically separated.

Jim's oncologist office called today to cancel his appointment on 3/23. A friend of ours is waiting for a hip replacement. Postponed. This is what we have to do for the general well being of everyone, as well as to protect the most vulnerable.

Perhaps you should contact your dentist to express your concerns. Your dentist might give you advice on how to stave off problems until it's possible for you to come in for treatment.

Stress can affect our immune system, so we all need to focus on ways to reduce our stress during this crisis.

We have to find new ways to connect and meet our needs.

Healing prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

My husband starts working from home tomorrow. I am grateful for that. Today he brought a green pepper for some chili I’m planning, chocolate and cherry tomatoes. The yogurt and meat shelves were completely wiped out. That’s probably the last shopping for awhile.

Chris, I hope you get the TP and anything else you need.
          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Well I still haven't found that toilet paper yet but I have peeps watching out for me. My brother called me last night to see how we were doing and to let me know that Target had TP but they were giant packages and I can't afford $30 for toilet paper. I am hoping that with the 8 or so dollar rolls will hold me until this blows over. Only problem with the dollar rolls is they last like two days.

The stores look pillaged and the fresh meat is picked through with ground beef being completely gone. Lots of roasts and some chicken breast filets. I went to the freezer section and bought two rolls of frozen ground beef. Don't think anybody had caught on that the frozen rolls are in the bottom beginning corner of the freezers. I have a meat grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer so I can make my own ground beef but it has to be done right.

Comment

Originally posted by jingle View Post
              Now I am getting concerned about people over 65 being quarantined. I have no idea what we will do. I am very concerned about my cats!! This morning I went out and became part of the giant crowds trying to find stuff. I came home with 3 big boxes of litter and a stack of cat food. Hoarding? I don't know.
              living life best i can and i dont believe all this bs

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Here is the CDC global map showing every country coping with COVID-19:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Here is the CDC’s assessment of the cases in the U.S.:

Right now, Jim and I are worried about very dear friends in Canada, as one member of the family may have COVID-19. She is isolating now but could have exposed other family members, some of whom have severe immune deficiency. Actually, that applies to many of our friends. At our age, this is not uncommon.

For our friend, who has ALS, our friend, who is 96, our friend, who is 80 with COPD and dementia, and for us, particularly Jim, COVID-19 is terrifying.

This isn't a hoax or a man-made virus. I trust the WHO and the CDC as accurate, science-based organizations. This is a pandemic, and it isn't going to magically disappear in a couple of weeks. We are probably in this for the long haul. It could take 18 months to develop a vaccine. As a virus, there isn't really any treatment for it, other than ventilator-assistance, which hasn't helped for those, who passed while on a ventilator. No antibiotics to treat this virus.

Both Jonathan and Michael were intubated numerous times throughout their lives. A tube down your throat pumping air into your lungs is extremely uncomfortable, painful, and sometimes dangerous with ventilator infections. More than once, ventilators were scarce in our hospital. Sometimes older ventilators just went on the fritz, with no new replacements for them. So, the Respiratory Therapists had to fiddle with the older ones to make them work.

When I look at the global map, and I think of the millions of people worldwide, who are self-isolating, I am deeply concerned for all of those, who are at severe risk. My husband, and our loved ones, our BT family, and all of the people, who we don't know and will never meet.

Please take good care of yourselves and be safe and healthy.

Love & Light,

Rose
                Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 03-18-2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

We went to CVS today to pick up my RX for tizanidine. While we were there, we looked for an additional bottle of alcohol - none; tissues - none; and acetaminophen- none. I saw an area of shelving labeled, “Headache,” and looked there. They had acetaminophen with caffeine. I figure if we need to add Tylenol in between aspirin doses (or ibuprofen doses) to break a fever we won’t care if there is caffeine in it. So we have that.

We are having trouble with Peter’s 94 y/o mother taking this seriously. We managed to head off a Verizon house call tomorrow and a home physical therapist who planned to visit. What are they thinking? Verizon is changing the street over to Fios and they made the appointment. We changed it until May.

My mom, who is also 94 is 100% on board.
                  ANN

Comment

((((((ANN)))))) ~

Peter's mom and your mom are fortunate to have you looking out for them.

Tylenol with caffeine is better than no Tylenol. I pray that you and Peter will not need to take them ever.

If we only learn one thing from COVID-19, it's that we should always be prepared for the unexpected.

For example, Salt Lake City had a 5.7 earthquake today.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

This evening my dear next door neighbor came over and talked about how/what she would do for me if older people were quarantined … and what we both could do if everyone got quarantined. I am so blessed to have her.
                      I keep all of you in my prayers.

Comment

A friend sent this link today:

ANN

Comment

California Is In "Lock Down"

((((((Hugs to All))))))* ~

ANN ~

Now we know who has been hoarding the toilet paper! For those, who are seriously in need of toilet paper, however, that video might be upsetting seeing it all wasted.

My favorite line is: "I love you forever. Please don't touch me!"

Clever and a catchy tune and lyrics. Thanks for sharing.

CALIFORNIA IS IN LOCK DOWN

Governor Newsom announced yesterday that Californians must legally shelter-in-place. Only "essential workers" are allowed to work. Everyone else must stay home, with the exception of grocery shopping, picking up meds at a pharmacy, or other vitally necessary excursion. Enforcement of the fine and possible jail time will be lax, but I would guess if groups of people gather anywhere, the police might show up and tell them to disperse.

This lock down comes with an estimate that 56% of our 40 million population will have COVID-19 within 8 weeks, if we do not stay home and away from others. Over 20 million people in California alone. That's very frightening.

This might be the quietest ever Friday night in our downtown (or anywhere in California), which is lined with bars and restaurants and attracts patrons from outlying counties. I don't really feel sorry for the patrons, because they can get drunk and vomit at home. I feel sorry for all of the people, who own and work in those places, who are out of work now. And, who knows for how long?

Here is a video of downtown Los Angeles today:

This street is typically teeming with crowds, mostly tourists, day and night. I think about all of the small businesses along that boulevard and how this will impact them.

This is the "entertainment capital of the world." So many people depend upon that motto to make a living, however paltry. All of the tourist attractions are shut down. That is thousands of people now unemployed.

Disneyland can take the blow financially, but the people who work there cannot.

And, while we're all worried about toilet paper, Nancy told me today that she and other nurses in the agency cannot get masks or isolation gowns. They have run out and are waiting for more supplies. This is a home health agency. Nurses should be gowned, masked and gloved at least for every patient they see. EVERY patient.

For several years, I have been providing gowns, masks, gloves and other supplies for Nancy, John, our GI, anyone who visits. I have a small supply of gowns and masks, and plenty of gloves, which I buy by the case. I have ordered gowns and masks from Amazon, but they aren't likely to be delivered until April, if even then. I just pray for many reasons, of course, that Jim doesn't have to go to the hospital. If we don't have masks, I will be petrified.

Nancy also told us that she and her husband take their temperatures every morning and evening. This is their C-virus "testing." Because there are not actual test kits to protect nurses, their families, their patients. Jim and I watched two nurses discussing this crisis within the health care provider community on the news this evening. This is a MAJOR problem, my friends.

I checked all 4 of our stores at Instacart yesterday, only to discover that 95% of what I've purchased in the past is "out of stock." On my last order, I didn't realize until too late that I should have stocked up on Jim's apple juice and apple sauce more than I did.

I imagine that toilet paper will be back on store shelves before we have sufficient masks and gowns for all, who need them.

Not one single country in the world was prepared for this pandemic. With all of the brilliant scientists in the world, no one saw this coming? Tragic.

I did breathe one sigh of relief today, when I learned that our taxes are not due until July 15. I dread doing our taxes every year, but 2019 will be a very difficult one for me to do. I also need to figure out how to fix my printer.

Self isolate everyone. It's the only way to bring down the surge.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!"
                          Attached Files

Comment

i feel so damn angry lately

Comment

I find it quite hard to understand myself, but I guess it's about people's priorities in times of pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by Enaxy
                                That and the economic upheaval are actually the biggest problem and the reason why we couldn't go on like this for long, a month of it and everyone will be fed up and hungry. Businesses blown out of the park, no jobs to go back to, stockmarkets decimated, the end of life as we know it. No, this couldn't possibly go on like that for another month and we'll just have to get back on track whether the virus disappears or not.
                                but its may 6th and all are not back again
                                Last edited by Moderator #2; 05-06-2020, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X