BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Cerebral Palsy

Old 01-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Unhappy prayers for a friend

This is a sad post. A very good friend of mine who is pregnant is having a serious problem with the pregnancy and might lose the baby. She said to me "My pregnancy is in grave danger. All I ask is that you pray for us because right now that is our only hope." I'm very scared. I don't want to lose her or her child! I love them! I don't want her to go through the pain of losing the baby. I feel helpless. I would do anything to help her save the baby! Having them pull through is the only thing in the whole world that I want! Unfortunitly it seems all there is to do is pray and hope. That is what I want you all to do on this forum. She can use a many prayers as possible! PLEASE any prayer is helpful!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:33 PM
New Community Member

I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of your friend and her baby and hope everything is fine for them. Keep us updated.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 PM

I meant to answer sooner but I didn't have time. I hate to inform you all of this but my friend's sweet little baby died on friday Jan 29th. It was going to be a girl. It was 22 weeks and six days old. I now know what the problem had been. My friend was somehow losing amniotic fluid,and it became to low. She said the baby lungs were not delevoped enough when it was born for her to be able to breath. I don't know if the baby actually died in my friend's arms but my friend held and looked at the baby, and said goodbye. She is now DEEPLY sad and still wants people to pray for her. I did luckly hear from her a week later via email. She said she is still very weak but gets stronger everyday. This was quite a relief to me because when this all was happening I thought I might lose her forever!!!! I don't know what I would have done if my friend had died too! Thank god her life was spared! I told her how much I loved her and that I am always there for her which made her feel better. I still have not seen her since. I would give anything to be able to give her a big hug right now!!!!!! I miss her so much!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 02:36 PM

Red face update on my friend

In case anyone who read this post is interested: My friend who lost her baby is doing very well now. She started working again around April and 2 days ago we were really able to start doing the things we used to do before she miscarried. Until this week we saw very little of each other so it was like 6 months without her in my life. She was having a hard time adjusting to the fact that she would no longer be a mother those first few months but now she is handling her sadness well and her old self is starting to emerge. I see every moment with her as a gift. I got a second chance with her. There were moments where I was not sure if I'd ever speak to her again and be able to tell her how much she means to me. Now I can tell her everything I didn't before. I know there is a god because of this second chance I was given. I also think there was a reason the little angel baby went back to the spirit world. Maybe she has a special job in that world. I'll never know for sure. All I know is I learned a lot from this experience and my friend and I are together again!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:09 PM

Smile My friend is pregnant again!

Hi everyone HUGE update, my friend who had the miscarriage back in January 2010 is once again pregnant!!!!!! She told me in early October when she had reached the 24 week mark which she chose as her reveal week because 24 weeks is the earliest a baby can be born and survive outside of the womb so she felt that she was no longer at risk of losing the baby so tragically like with the first pregnancy. Honestly though, I could tell she was pregnant in August when she was only 4 months along. She looks like a stick when she's not pregnant so once she gets a few pounds on her it's easy to tell something is up. Plus she had these food cravings and forgot that when your trying to hide a pregnancy your not supposed to tell people about all the weird foods you want LOL! She told me this baby is another baby girl who likes to "dance" to music inside her womb. Right now my friend is probably about 30 to 31 weeks along and her baby bump is as big as a house! I'm so happy my friend is getting another chance to be a mother!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:33 PM
New Community Member

Congrats to your friend, funnylegs4! May the rest of her pregnancy continue to be smooth.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:47 PM

Thank you RaMoRu! She officially reached the 8 month mark yesterday(32 weeks)! She has also told me she plans to name the baby Evelyn Claire! I was impressed with her name choice. She told me the baby's father(her husband) let her choose the name on her own this time. When she was pregnant in January she and her husband had had a fight over what the baby's name would be. My guess is after losing his first child and nearly losing his wife he decided not to push his luck with this second baby girl. He also probably figures since his wife went through hell with the first one, she deserves to name their baby.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 PM

Very good news!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 PM

Talking My friend gave birth!

My friend gave birth last night to her baby!!!!! Evelyn is finally here!! Baby Evelyn is 6 pounds 9oz and doing well! I can't believe this time has finally come!!!!!! My friend did it!!! She is finally a mother!! I am SO happy for her!!! She has waited a LONG time for this!!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 PM

That is awesome!