BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Aneurysm

Aneurysm Welcome to the BrainTalk Communities Aneurysm Forum

Old 01-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Default When does your scalp come back to life after craniotomy?

Im nearly 5 months out from surgery and my scalp and a big part of my head is still numb. Like a lot of people my head itches like crazy but scratching it is useless because you cant feel yourself scratching. Is there anyone who is around 18 months to 2 years out from a craniotomy who could tell me if they have full feeling back in their scalp and surgery site area and if so when did it start coming back to life? THank you people. Taffy
Old 01-21-2010, 09:05 AM

Hi Taffy my feeling didn't come back till about 3yrs after still feels numb on cold days. Jess
Old 01-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Mine still isn't the same after 5 years. It is better for sure but different than the other side of my head. I also get a lot of dandruff on that side of my head, oddly enough! Blessings on your recovery!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Default Taffy

I am 17 months post op from my clipping. I have to say that my head really feels as good as it is going to get and it is so true that time takes time. How long did it really take my, i would say about the year mark i really noticed that i was feeling better. God bless the people that jump back into work and life in a few weeks to a few months, that has not been my case. Also at 17 months my dent really is not noticeable, sure my hair hides it, and i can see it, but my surgeon really did a great job, he took all thinks into consideration. One being that i was female, and that that is important(not that it is not to men, that is not what i am saying at all) So take it easy and in time it will work itself out, are we ever the same, no..........but at least we are still in the game.

I hated what i called brain crackle, all the noise my head would make in the early days. All the things he said i would get, i did, and with time have gone.

I wish you the best, and hope that was helpful

jane
Old 01-22-2010, 07:34 AM

Thank you folks. Im doing OK and now off the anti-seizure meds so just waiting to see if my brain will cope without them. SO far so good and its been 2 weeks med free. I seem to get aura seizures where I go into a bit of a distanced state and my whole body feels like its plugged into the mains and I get buzzing throughout my body and my teeth but as long as I dont go into unconsciousness I think I will be OK. I just have to wait quietly till they pass and they arent very nice but like Jane said - never the same but still in the game. I like that phrase Jane, good one.
Im not worried about my head being numb but I was interested to hear peoples stories to see if theres a chance mine will go back to feeling normal. Heres hoping. Taffy