BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Epilepsy Forums

Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Default Food Dyes Leading to Seizures

Hi Folks,

If any of you saw the NBC news on March 29th you may have heard them speak on how food dyes can affect people with ADHD. I just did a little research and found out that the food dyes red, yellow, and blue can also trigger seizures for people who have epilepsy. I also found out that if you want to color your hair to get the gray out that the chemicals can sometimes trigger szs. for people. My phamacist told me about this. To learn more about food dyes causing sz. just go to google and type in "Food dyes causing seizures" and you will find a lot of good info. I wish all of you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Old 04-01-2011, 08:49 PM

If red, yellow & blue are bad that means everything but white & black.

They always mention some other illness if it is involved in what they're talking about. But did you ever here show say anything is bad for ppl with epilepsy? But maybe it's just cuz about anything bothers ... someone w/epilepsy.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Hi Lor,

I have read where the food dye red 40 can not only cause seizures it can also lead to cancer for some people who are allergic to this food dye. From my studies it seems like this food dye can hurt a person the most. The FDA is now looking into the matter and how it affects people who have a nervous disorder and what it's doing to that persons brain. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Old 04-02-2011, 10:51 PM

Sue, What I'm saying is that...say this info was on TV... They would mention it can lead to cancer & what it's doing to a person's brain & that the FDA is looking into it. But not mention that thing called epilepsy. I heard red dye can by harmful.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Hi Lor,

They didn't mention that food dyes could trigger sz. but I did this study on my own and I found this website http://www.mothernature.com/Library/...ooks/10/57.cfm Here they mention how certain foods as well as yellow food dye can trigger sz.
Go down to the part where it says Food Triggers I will be speaking to my epi this month about this info. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 PM

TY, Sue ...................................