BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (M - Z) > Spinal Disorders

Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 PM
New Community Member

Default Cervical Spine ADR Doc in St. Louis, MO

I'm in St. Louis, Missouri and want to find a doc who can evaluate whether or not I am a candidate for cervical ADR then if so follow through and do the surgery.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
New Community Member

Dr. K. Daniel Riew at BJC in the city does ADR. He just did Chris Duncan's surgery of the STL Cardinals recently and was a complete success.

He would be worth checking into since he is one of the top spine docs in the country.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Community Member

Question

What is BJC and which city? I'd like to check it out. My son is in KY and needs lumbar ADR. St. Louis is within range for him. I'll check back here, or you could post in my thread asking for info from anyone in KY.

kmevans, you might want to post to mmglobal and see if he has anyone in his database in your area. He does mostly Europe, but knows of some docs in the States, too. He coordinates patients with doctors worldwide.

Thanks,
gracie
Old 10-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Gracie, I googled and found this info. it is in St Louis. I hope it helps, there is a small map, but I am sure a larger one can be found. Good Luck! Take care, Kathy

http://www.google.com/search?q=BJC+S...e7&rlz=1I7TSHB

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time................Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-03-2008, 07:20 PM
New Community Member

BJC stands for Barnes-Jewish Hospital which is in St. Louis, MO. They have several hospitals but Dr. Riew's practice is the hospital right across the street from Forest Park where the zoo and other tourist attractions are located. He is very good and usually takes a while to get in to see him but might be worth the trip.

Hope this is some help for you!
Old 10-12-2008, 05:11 AM
Community Member

Hi kmevans,

I haven't been around here for a while, but I just had my 3rd spine surgery at Barnes-Jewish with Dr. Santiago. I just wanted to say that Barnes and the Docs at the Center for Advanced Medicine are great! My doc was very thorough before he even touched me. They are ranked in the top 10 for the US if I remember correctly. Hope everything works out well for you!

Here is a link to BJC http://www.barnesjewish.org/ and one for Dr. Riew http://webserver01.bjc.org/sfnet/BJH...9;1000607' If you scroll down you will see that he was recognized as a "Best Doctor" in the August 2008 issue of St. Louis Magazine.

DX's: L4/5 herniation ('98), DDD, DJD, T11/12 herniation w/endplate changes & 10% wedging/focal kyphosis/canal stenosis, cervical spondylosis C4-6, endplate changes L1-S1, L4/5 reherniation ('08), L5/S1 canal stenosis/central herniation ('08). Surgeries: Failed L4/5 IDET ('99), Failed L4/5 open microdiscectomy ('00), L4/5 TLIF (April '08).
Old 10-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Shanti, great to see you! I hope you are doing well post op. I have missed you, and I am sorry I didn't remember you were having surgery.

Take care,
Kathy

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time................Abraham Lincoln