BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (M - Z) > Spinal Disorders

Old 03-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Community Member

Thumbs up Prayer Chain For MarkN....

I am starting a prayer chain for a member of this forum the majority of whom know him as Mark, he has been such a lovely presence and is always donating his words through experience, courage, and wisdom.

Mark, may the Lord guide you and yours to the light in this deep grief stricken state. I for one shall be at the end holding that extra large spot light to help you see your way. ( I sure hope it's not the kind with no batteries that you have to shake, or I am going to need a bunch of help to keep it going!) LOL.

All my prayers to you and your family, keep your chin up, for every time it rains and rues the day the sun always comes up a shining.

GOD BLESS!

White Light
Old 03-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Distinguished Community Member

This thread is a wonderful and blessed idea.

Mark,
May God be with you in this time of sorrow and hardship.
I know that God the father and his only Son will guide and protect you and the entire family.

The old saying that "there is a light at the end of the tunnel" is true, but the walk through the tunnel may be filled with many obstacles.

Mark, I hope that your walk through this tunnel is smooth and short and the light is bright and comforting.
My prayers are with you always.
Jim
Old 03-03-2008, 06:09 PM

I'll be helping White Light with the shaking!

Mark,

God bless!

Kim
Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 PM

Mark,

I know you have many sorrows now, I pray there will come a time you can look back and know you did everything you were able. The old saying that "when it rains it pours" was on target, I know there are rainbows in your future.

Gentle hugs, there was supposed to be a rainbow here.
Kathy

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time................Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Nana4&cntn; 03-03-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: erased image details there was no rainbow
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Community Member

Mark,
May God continue to bless the entire family. You are a ray of sunlight on a dark rainy day. You will come to brighten others lives as you have in the past. God will continue to bless you through all this. You are so nice and kind to everybody. It is my prayer that you find strength at this time of sadness.
Billie
Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 PM

May Sunshine Follow Your Shadow

May sunshine follow your shadow,
May it wipe away the tears;
May rainbows be there for breakfast,
For many happy years;
May all the joy the world can give,
Be there and for a long time live;
For you are special to us all,
No matter when or why we call;
You always answer every note,
E'en when one sends it out by boat;
For you make life so full of joy,
Like seamen who have found a buoy;
An anchor filled with strength untold,
When ripples of your voice unfold;
So ever constant, ever true,
It's a better place because of you.

Poem by M.J.M. @1999
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Community Member

What a beautiful and selfless thought. As always Mark, you are and have been in my thoughts and prayers daily.

DX's: L4/5 herniation ('98), DDD, DJD, T11/12 herniation w/endplate changes & 10% wedging/focal kyphosis/canal stenosis, cervical spondylosis C4-6, endplate changes L1-S1, L4/5 reherniation ('08), L5/S1 canal stenosis/central herniation ('08). Surgeries: Failed L4/5 IDET ('99), Failed L4/5 open microdiscectomy ('00), L4/5 TLIF (April '08).
Old 04-05-2008, 04:13 PM

Thumbs up Yep, Mark is a great guy!

All of the best thoughts/ prayers, on their way from Mass.!

Phyllis
Old 04-05-2008, 11:53 PM

I opened up the site to find such a thoughtful post and responses. As I read through each post I am at a loss for words to say how blessed and thankful I am to have friends like all of you. I take each day at a time but all isn't bad. Even though I could look at the sad things like my brother dying or needing to give away my dog because I can't exercise him enough; I do have a very good thing going on that I know your thoughts and prayers have helped bring about. My wife is progressing with her anxiety program and is moving back home at the end of this month. She has been spending much more time at home and we have been having good days together. She knows that we still have a long way to go but we are getting there together. I know our son and I am very excited about getting her back into the house because we have really missed her even though we have gotten along without her.

Thank you from the depths of my heart as friends like all of you are hard to come by.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Community Member

Mark, I will continue to pray for you and your son daily, I will pray for your wife as well. It is a shame to see Great people go through so much, and I have come to value your opinion in all spinal/thoracic matters. you really make a difference on this board by providing thoughtful posts and insightful responses. I hope to amass the information you have and can one day help others as much as i see you help on this board

-matt