BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (M - Z) > Spinal Disorders

Old 02-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Default Pharmacy leaves me with no meds

hi guys,
i was a good girl and called just one day early for my meds. It has to be faxed to pharm. Well, friday they called and told me that it had to be ordered (vicodin 5/325) and would not be in til after 1 on tues. (today)
So i have been without going on 3 days now.
And, of course, its snowing like mad, then its going to rain and freeze and i have to go 20 miles each way in my van (which i don't trust) or wait til thurs.. when we only have snow coming. I hate this.

arg
Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 PM

This is irresponsible of the pharmacy....I have found that my own pharmacy is starting to do this with some of my meds...It is time consuming...I go there only to find they have only filled half the script or they will not have the drug in until the next day...I am now considering going to another pharmacy...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!

http://spinetalk.conforums.com/index.cgi
Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 PM

Exclamation

That really stinks.

I know when I miss my Effexor XR because of either delays in getting a new prescription or because of weather or transportation problems, I sometimes end up going into withdrawals :NOT FUN:

My pharmacy, CVS, will actually call around to other pharmacies in their chain to see if a critical prescription is in stock there if they're out. That's one thing I really like about them.

Hope you're able to get your RX today without any weather probs.

Hugs.

Barb
Old 02-05-2008, 10:33 PM

It is bad when you get shorted like this and have to go several days without. I have built up a cushion with my meds by using the two day cushion my insurance allows. Instead of taking thirty days to refill I go at 28 days so I have two days extra. After six month, insurance stops it then, I have 12 days as a cushion. I don't know if your's works this way or not but give it a try. I know it has saved my bacon several times.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Community Member

When we first moved here to IL, my Dr. told me to call him at least 2 weeks a head of time so that to start off with I would have that cushion of 2 weeks at all times should he be gone, problems with the pharmacy or whatever. Maybe you can talk to your doc about doing this so you have a cushion..even if just a week.

DX's: L4/5 herniation ('98), DDD, DJD, T11/12 herniation w/endplate changes & 10% wedging/focal kyphosis/canal stenosis, cervical spondylosis C4-6, endplate changes L1-S1, L4/5 reherniation ('08), L5/S1 canal stenosis/central herniation ('08). Surgeries: Failed L4/5 IDET ('99), Failed L4/5 open microdiscectomy ('00), L4/5 TLIF (April '08).
Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 PM

Sorry to hear this, Simby! I'm starting to have trouble picking up scripts and making it to the pharmacy. Not the same scenario, but same end result! Winter stinks. Disability stinks. A pharmacy that won't go to extra lengths to just fill the darn script when you need it (like moose said) really stinks!

If this was a rational world, they'd just fill it with 10's and you could break them in half. But of course, they'd need a different script probably... Good grief.

Good luck and take care.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:05 PM

Simby and Barb,

I have decided to stop frequenting the BIG chains like walgreens etc. I made several calls yesterday and will be transfering to a smaller pharmacy. I will have to walk in, but, much better service. Just a thought.

Take care,
Kathy

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time................Abraham Lincoln