BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease

Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Community Member

Default Coffee?

I have a question and there is no where else appropriate to ask it, so I will do it here. Every morning, I drink a cup of coffee, and as soon as I start to drink it, my stomach begins to "roll" and cramp up. As soon as I am done with my coffee, I usually have to go. When I am on the road and I stop by a gas station in the morning and get their coffee, I am not affected by it at all. I am able to drink the whole cup and not have any problems whatsoever. I thought that it may be the Splenda sugar that is used at the house, and I have tried real sugar in my coffee at home to no avail. It affects me the same way, every time. I put the same amount of creamer in both house and gas station coffee's. The only difference is that I use real sugar at the gas station. Does anyone have any ideas as to why my house coffee is affecting me and not the gas station coffee?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Is the brand of coffee you prepare at home different from the others? Maybe you're having a reaction to a "filler" or a type of coffee bean.

Zonulin
Old 03-28-2011, 11:14 AM

Ahhh... a good cup of coffee does indeed trigger bowel movements in many people. Some teas can do the same thing. Some people experience constipation when they quit drinking coffee. The coffee elsewhere may be just a very low quality coffee or very low on whatever the triggering chemical or chem combo is in most coffees.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Community Member

The brand at home is Folgers. The coffee that I drink on the road is called "Bean Street Coffee." I actually like it better than the Folgers. Must be a good quality coffee or I have no taste buds.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:38 PM

Personally, I like the... ummmm ... effect ... of the home coffee but.... if I were you, I guess I would switch brands.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naominjw View Post
Personally, I like the... ummmm ... effect ... of the home coffee but.... if I were you, I guess I would switch brands.
So you put a little more "pick me up" in the coffee?