BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease

Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Hi, Cabera,

I’ve been off to Colorado with my family for two weeks, (actually back for two weeks, too (I was kinda spoiled not sinking time into the health forums every day)).

Just before and for the first half of the vacation, I was on a light (100mg?) two week course of fluconazole. The second week I felt great. I slept through the nights, and for the first time I can remember, I felt better waking up than going to bed the night before.

Then when the course was finished, I had a big pile of rice noodle starch...and on the way back, we stopped at my folks. It was the first time I was home for my birthday in 20 some years, Mom really wanted make something, but knew a cake was out, so made wonderful homemade ice cream – I was completely run down the rest of the way home and gut’s been a pain since.

I’m going to try another course fluconazole to see if it is repeatable, then a 3 month run of nystatin but I will have to first convince the doc that it wasn’t just the vacation that made me feel better....

Fungus like warm, moist and dark places, like toes, and ....hmmmm... so if fungus is in your toe nails, where else could it be?

Everyone is bathed in fungus, but only some have problems with it.

I’m trying to get onto the AspergillusSupport forum.

Quote:
Caprylic acid (available over the counter),
Hmmm, I’d missed that part...Got to get back on the coconut oil....

As far as fungal dysbiosis/SIBO not being celiac, I think the line between the two is so fine one can’t have one without the other, anyway, the diet treatment for dysbiosis/SIBO includes the diet treatment for celiac (the Paleolithic diet is gluten free).

Hal

P.S. The second day of the fluconazole I had a bad all-day headache and malaise. I wondered if it was a Herxheimer Reaction -- Dr. Shaw thinks it was.

Last edited by halsgluten; 08-20-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:24 AM

Just want to add this March 2011 article by Dr. Jennings to this thread:
http://www.knowthecause.com/FindInfo...ead-Maker.aspx

Karen
Old 03-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Smile Also

Great article, Karen. Check out page 6 of this site and go to Gluten Sensitive? or Candida Albicans---by AussiMichele, thread #7 and click on the 2nd web site. I have read this article at least 20 times over a 2 year span. On page 3 of this article it states that Candida albicans has 6 switching mechanisms and 7 viable forms. I have also read that ( not in this article??? ) that Candida albicans can lay dormant under certain environmental conditions. Thus----diet is super important ( with low carbs and low oxalate containing foods )---and NO antibiotics!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Default I forgot to add---

I had read that a medical doctor had stated that the reason most people find it very hard to bring Candida albicans under control, is because of a problem with copper and zinc and that a blood test for both is not as accurate as a HAIR & MINERAL ANALYSIS. He also states that a person can be copper deficient, copper toxic, and/or copper biounavailable but that all these symptoms can be similar, thus causing confusion.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 AM

I think I've got it - Page 6, Post 7, second site posted is from this thread: http://braintalkcommunities.org/foru...ad.php?t=64371

(is it the one subtiled "The Fungus Among Us"??) I agree - diet is everything. I think pancreatic cancer is increasing because our pancreases are overwhelmed by processing all the sugar we're eating! And since carbs turn into sugar when processed by the body, sugar is sometimes all we're consuming (an apple with a bagel and an "energy bar" or chips for lunch = sugar our bodies have to cope with). Meat becomes amino acids; carbs become "energy" (sugar). Dieticians are still recommending "whole grains" Irksome.

Karen