BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Leak

Old 11-21-2006, 07:00 PM
New Community Member

Default Help with Potential Leak Symptoms

I am having left arm symptoms, not sure if it is associated with a leak. It is in my left arm, tingling and pain from elbow down, sometimes in the shoulder.

Having mild headaches, not to the normal level of a leak yet.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-21-2006, 10:43 PM
New Community Member

Hi RL

I get that feeling as well sometimes. From what I understand it's fairly normal. Something about the brain sinking and pushing against nerves that in turn affect the neck. This can cause radicular symptoms such as you describe. For me, it's always the left side for some reason, and it's always unnerving! Anyway, hope this helps...

Take care,
Christy
Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Distinguished Community Member

I get it in my left leg. Not sure what it means or whether it is connected. It's like a hard grabbing/tingling sensation from my knee down on left leg. It feels from the inside like that is a heavy mass in there (but can't feel anything externally). I had this sensation when I was really sick, it got better for a couple of months and then again for the last three days or so. Doesn't affect my activities just is present. Could be just my muscles as they weren't getting used a lot, and now they are.

I'm not even sure whether it is related to the leak.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:21 PM

Location: Alberta Canada, with a Beatiful view of the Rockies

How would that be related to a leaK? I have had a leak for 13 years 14 in Feb, I havn't experienced what you are speaking of. However my leak is cerebral not spinal.

You might want to have your heart checked.... that almost sounds heart related ...
Brain/Pit tumor=16 brain surgeries=18 year csf leak(Feb, 1993) After initial tumor removal!, SPMS , Hydrocephalus from a intraventricular hemorrhage! Panhypopituitary, Diabetes Insipidus, bifrontal tension pneumatocele ( air under the skull next to the brain)... Dag "If I started crying I wouldn't stop!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:13 AM
New Community Member

Thanks all...I went to ER yesterday. Cat scan of back was normal, will have to have an MRI this week. My arm and back are both hurting pretty good, mobility in my neck is decreasing. Cant look down without high neck pain and (still giving me hope I have a pinched nerve) headaches are getting worse I think.

Thanks for all your replys.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:06 AM

Repeatleaker,

Just wondering how you are doing? Hope your body is starting to behave itself a bit more and you aren't suffering as much (or at all)
Old 05-01-2007, 11:48 PM
New Community Member

Default left arm pain

have just started my second round with csf leak. been tolerable for 2 years. now when i lower my head i get instant sharp pain in head as before. yesterday i woke up with a numb, painful tingling left arm, from shoulder down, and worried about a heart attack until it went away 30 minutes later. never felt anything like that before.