BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Child Neurology

Old 06-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Default Donna Thomson

Hey friend. Was thinking about you and Nick and the family. Wondering how all are doing? Miss chattin with you. Hugs and love from our family to yours.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/megansheppard[/COLOR]
Old 06-28-2008, 04:20 PM

Me too, how are you Donna?? I hope life is treatin' you well in, oops I forget where you live??!!! Anyway, I hope all is well with you and Nick!!

Loveya my friend!!

Robin
Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 AM

Ditto! I hope Nick's hand infection healed and he DIDN'T have to have IV antibiotics!
hugs and love (and also hoping you've had better weather in London than I've had in Leeds! ) Update when you can, thinking of you all
Hi I'm Lauren from the UK. I have CP and hydrocephalus (done the gauntlet, 1 shunt, 2 shunts, back to 1 shunt and now an ETV) as a result of an IVH following birth at 26 weeks gestation. Both traumatic at times but they make me who I am. Reasonably stable now except for long-term trouble sleeping due to pulsating sensation when lying down but taking one day at a time and doing well.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:46 PM

Hi Tracy, Robin and Lauren!

Thank you so much for thinking of us, dear friends. Nick's hand is better! It sure took a long time for the swelling to go down and the infection to go away, but I think that is because his circulation is so poor. His pressure sore is healed as well. That was from his rib cage sitting on top of his pelvic bone on one side and rubbing. Tracy, does Megan have this problem with scoliosis? So he is doing great now. Right now he's in his room wtih his Dad and his helper and they're watching the football (soccer) finals between Spain and Germany. Big excitement! Tomorrow morning I go in to the hospital for an injection into my lower spine with cortisone. Years of lifting my sweetie have taken their toll I guess. I'm sure I'll be fine after that. Meantime, my DH and I went to Wales for the weekend and stayed friends who have an very old stone house in the mountains. We had log fires in the evening and great dinners and walks during day. Their neighbour had mare who had a foal only a week old! It was sooooo lovely to be in the country. So that is all my news..... hope you are all well and that your families are too!!!

Many hugs, Donna xox
Donna, Mum to Natalie (18), ablebodied, beautiful, kind and high strung and Nicholas(22), severe spastic CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, palliative, happy kid except when Liverpool football club is losing!
Check out my blog: http:/www.donnathomson.blogspot.com

Old 06-29-2008, 05:16 PM

Wow. That sounds like an awesome weekend. Never been to Wales. Love Dylan Thomas though. LOL Glad Nick is doing better. Sorry about your own back pain...hope the cortisone helps.

Lacy
Old 07-01-2008, 02:11 PM

Donna, Glad to hear everything's going well with Nick. Your weekend away sounds Heavenly and romantic with the log fire!!! Take care of your back, its the only one you have!!!!

Love and {{{HUGS}}}

Robin
Old 07-01-2008, 04:16 PM

The weekend sounds great - I have never been to Wales either, but as I am in England I have less of an excuse than Robin and Lacy! hope the cortisone helps your back. How is Natalie also? is she in the school system here or..?

hugs
Hi I'm Lauren from the UK. I have CP and hydrocephalus (done the gauntlet, 1 shunt, 2 shunts, back to 1 shunt and now an ETV) as a result of an IVH following birth at 26 weeks gestation. Both traumatic at times but they make me who I am. Reasonably stable now except for long-term trouble sleeping due to pulsating sensation when lying down but taking one day at a time and doing well.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:50 PM

Glad Nick is doing so well. That weekend away does sound marvelous.

I HAVE been to Wales (Cardiff) and my thought on Wales was... buy some vowels!!!
Joy- hearing impaired and chronically ill due to ACM, mother to Brandon (10-25-87) vision impairment, CP, Hydro w/ VP shunt, MR, ADHD & has had a Hemispherectomy for seizures, Brittany (10-25-87) Hydro w/LP shunt, allergies, asthma, & learning disability, and Andrew (4-18-91) healthy & gifted

"Dream as if You'll Live Forever, Live as if You'll Die Today"
Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Well, I have been to England and Scotland but not Wales or Ireland. I spent a semester in England when I was in college...Wroxton College (owned and operated by Fairleigh Dickinson University in NJ). It is housed in Wroxton Abbey at Wroxton near Banbury in Oxfordshire. Loved it! There really is a Banbury Cross! You know...Ride a **** horse to Banbury Cross to see a fine lady on a white horse...with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes, she shall have music wherever she goes. And while there, we spent a weekend in Edinburgh, Scotland. Scotland was beautiful.

Lacy
Old 07-02-2008, 04:44 PM

HA! The editor God's have spoken and starred out Mother Goose! LOL