BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > BrainTalk Community Support > New Visitors Click Here!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:32 PM
New Community Member

Default Legs spasm and falls-what do I have???

Hello...I am new here...I have been having these awful leg spasms. My legs lock up for no reason and then I fall. The cold weather seems to make it worse. I have no control over them when it happens. It's been going on about a month or so and I feel like I am walking on egg shells because they seem to always feel weak like it could happen at any time. Most of the things I am seeing has alot of extra symptoms I don't have so I don't know where to start. So far, my doctor said I am just low on B12-I have pernicious anemia-but I have always been bad about getting my shots so I'm thinking it must be something else. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much-Lynn
Old 03-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnb0831 View Post
So far, my doctor said I am just low on B12-I have pernicious anemia-but I have always been bad about getting my shots so I'm thinking it must be something else. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much-Lynn

Your doctor could well be right. He's there to see you and he knows you.

I am not a doctor, but another thing your leg spasms might be is a form of seizure-epilepsy.

Linnie
Old 03-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Distinguished Community Member

If you are deficient in B12, you may be deficient in other nutrients too. Have you been checked for calcium, magnesium and vitamin D deficiency. Turns out that most of us are deficient in vitamin D. Vitamin D has been linked to falls too.

Are you getting enough B12 to bring you up to an optimal level? Optimal is often higher than "normal". You say you are "bad about getting shots". How are you correcting your vitamin B12?

There is a Vitamin and Mineral Deficiency forum here on BT with some great information. http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...splay.php?f=70

Anne