BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Alzheimer's Disease

Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Jeannie, I hope you don't mind but I do come here and read. My dad had picks which is a sister to alz. I think you are a very strong person.

I am always sad when a marriage falls apart. Here's a (((HUG))) for you.

Good for you that you are trying to finish up schooling.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:04 PM

I am so hopeful that you are as strong a person as I see you in my mind. But even strong folks need a soft place to land at times and I am so glad you have that support in your family.

You are in my thoughts often as I know just how hard these last years with an aging parent can be. Bad to lose one early like I did but that also made it oh so awful dreadful for years as I knew the emptiness that losing a parent would leave.

Please don't stop posting as we all will want to know how you are doing.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:54 PM

thank you all for your care and concern!

actually, my husband is still a great supportive person for me with regards to my mother. i can talk to him about her and he listens and gives his input if i ask a specific question. things are going to be pretty much the same until he finds a house, so he said he'll still take me to see my mom. my mom relates well to him and seems calmer when he is there and always recognizes him and calls him by his name. she never calls me by my name...it's strange.

you know, people are not all good or all bad. we all have parts of our character that are positive and some that are negative.

dawn, i am glad you come here and read if it helps you and i don't mind at all. you have always shown your care for me and my mom and i appreciate that. all of you show you care by taking the time to come here and read this forum.

i will continue posting here as honestly as i feel i always have because i know a lot of people read this forum, but don't post and if i can help anyone understand this disease better or help them identify their feelings by writing about mine, then i feel i have done something good.

and that's all i really want to do in life...do good and help people with their problems.

thank you for sharing and caring,
jeannie
"...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney