BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Lupus

Old 09-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Default cysts occurring in tendons, anyone?

Hi, I am usually on the spinal forum, since having cervical surgery this past year. Like several others here, I have a positive ANA, but have not received a diagnosis of lupus. The rheumy who I saw last year did not rule out lupus because of also my family medical history (RA, scleroderma, lupus), and my own medical symptoms - ie, Raynauds, autoimmune eye infections, reoccurrent EBV, flares of high temps, butterfly rash, suppressed immune system, etc, - even though he diagnosed me at the time with with fibromyalgia, and said it would be rare to have both FM and lupus.

I now have cysts intertwined in the tendons of one shoulder, and now am developing them in the other shoulder - they are painful and are restricting shoulder movement. I have sustained no trauma to these areas, and my pcp is puzzled as to why these are developing.

Has anyone on this forum with lupus had anything similar occur, in your shoulders or elsewhere?

Thanks for your help in advance.