BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Lupus

Old 06-20-2009, 08:01 AM
New Community Member

Default I am new here.

Hi, my name is Debbie, I am 53 years old and was diagnosed with SLE and RA, two years ago. There haven't been alot of postings here lately. Anybody out there who has lupus?

Debbie
Old 06-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Hi Debbie, just wanted to welcome you to BT. If this forum is not active then maybe you could try the arthritis one? Also I want to invite you to join in on the Forum for Emotional Support. We have a fantastic group there & some are still trying to get a definite diagnosis of RA & many have fibro.

I hope you've accepted your diagnosis & have learned to deal with it the best you can. I can't recall if your type of lupus is the bad kind? Seems to me any condition can be bad if it takes years to get it diagnosed! I know someone that happened to & she now gets shots so she can walk & function.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:42 PM
New Community Member

Hi Pati,

Thank you for your post, I will check out all the other sites, you have suggested.
Yes I have made peace with my illness, I fight the bad days and enjoy the good ones.

Debbie
Old 06-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Well acceptance is a huge step forward I say. Denial just keeps us in a rut. Are you getting shots for the lupus? I hope you have a good doc (or team of them),that's very important!

You might let those bad days become your "lazy time". One of the hardest things to do is give in to our limitations so matter what the condition is,I've learned to be lazy & it was one of the hardest things to do. It helps sooooo much to have cyber friends that understand, cause having your family & friends see you as "looking OK", and yet needing to put your health first & limit your activities, is something people in general aren't very accepting of.

I hope you do have a good support system in your life!
Old 12-27-2010, 05:34 PM
New Community Member

yes, i have SLE.........dx'd last january, but active for 9yrs.........what this about shots for lupus..??........what shots, it's not an infection..........

what do u take for ur lupus..??..........

i have thyroid, adrenal & pancreas damage.............which has given me type 2 diabetes.........

i take herbs, hydrocortisone, fludrocortisone, T3 & sometimes lomitil & vicodin........

it has changed my life in every way..........i am no longer me..........

how do u feel, generally.........

cmt...........
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
New Community Member

Hi,
i'm new here. Diagnosed with SLE three months ago, but have actually had it for 11 years, with severe joint pain, seizures, blood clots, tongue sores, etc, Have heard that vitamin D is bad for lupus, now hear it is good? What gives?
Dawn