BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (M - Z) > Trigeminal Neuralgia

Old 10-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Community Member

Default Hello to everyone from irishchick

Hey to everyone- I have missed you all!

I have tried as everyone else has to get on the forum for ages, and was just told it didn't compute with my server. Very glad to be back though.

As far as an update goes, I am still doing well and meds free after the MVD March 2005. Still have twinges, but funnily enough where I have never had the pain before. Still a TN site though. As long as I can stay off the meds I am a very happy camper.
Still have daily headaches from the surgery. A med student called me to do a follow up for the surgeon, and he told me the C1 nerve could have been damaged when they went in, which would explain the headaches I am getting. I have to go back to the surgeon sometime to get it checked out. THe student told me there is a fix for this, but over the counter meds won't do it.
If it requires more surgery, no way. I just figured they were rebound headaches from the analgesics.

I hope everyone is doing well in cyberspace, and I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Cheers!

Karen
Old 10-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Hi Karen
Nice to hear from you. I too got a call in the summer asking me all kinds of questions. I went back to see Dr. T. too. I'm not sure if you know but they were just in the process of opening a clinic where I believe 1 day a week or a month (I cant remember) they would do just trigeminal neuralgia. He reassured me that he would always be here for me if I needed him, however not to think that every twinge or sensation that I get is TN. He said there are many nerves that come into play and not every feelig means the condition has returned. I relaxed dramatically after that appointment. Anyway nice to hear you are doing well.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:53 PM

Default irishchick, yippee

So happy to see you here, and to hear that things are going fairly well. Maybe with time there will be continued improvement - I can see how a nerve that's been messed up wouldn't just go back to normal instantly. Looking forward to seeing you here often. Nancy
Old 10-12-2006, 07:20 PM

Default so cool

its so cool to see we have all hung in there trying to get back on, and what a great feeling to be back up, I am doing pretty good my pain is under control which is a great feeling but I remember the old days and wonder when it will come again, but just enjoying my freedom for now. Its funny how things can stay the same even after so long has gone by.
Love to you all
Catherine
ps Bob I have missed your stories, when is the book coming out
Old 10-13-2006, 02:14 AM

Karen and Catherine,
Welcome back
We've missed you, I'm so glad you have managed to get back here.
The good thing about the crash, is it's allowed us all to get together again, and for that I am thankful.

Tracy..x
Old 10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Community Member

Karen,

It's great to see you back again. We have all missed you. Glad to hear you are still doing well. Like Tracy said, at least everyone is able to get back here now.

I hope to catch up soon.

Kim
Old 10-14-2006, 08:15 PM

Welcome back, Karen. I'm just breezin through, but promise to catch up later.

Bob S
Old 10-16-2006, 12:22 PM
New Community Member

Default MDV in July

I had my MVD in July and they found 3 compressions. My doc said that there was some damage to the nerve from the compressions so expect some pain as the nerve heals but it is getting better, it is very mild compared to before the surgery. I also have headaches that are different than any I have had before but they are also getting better. I haven't taken any meds for TN since my surgery just tylenol for the headaches.