BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease

Old 01-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Smile I Need Your Help To Remember

I think I read a thread somewhere here ( BrainTalk ) that if one has vivid dreams ( in conjunction with or without a certain situation ), it means something important, but of course, I can't remember what! Does anybody know who said it and on what thread it was posted?? Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter. I will go through each thread on this forum to try and find it.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:02 PM

Default Vivid Dreams

Extraordinarily vivid dreams can indicate several things. One is hypoglycemia. That may be what you remember reading about on here.

It happened to me for a while years ago, and that is what the doctor suspected, but found no evidence of hypoglycemia. I still don't know what triggered them, but I know at the time I was thin and very active, and had low blood pressure.

When it happened to my younger daughter, the doctors thought it was part of her "mental illness." However, what was her "mental illness?" Some was a reaction to the wrong medications, withdrawal from medications, sleep disorder, low hormones and more. And what was behind that? Well, maybe the undiagnosed food sensitivities. And what was behind that? Well maybe all kinds of environmental stressors. Who knows.

After years --and I do mean YEARS--of suffering from them - since toddlerhood, they are finally under control, no thanks to psych meds, but due to the diet changes and hormones, and food supplements.

So, in my case, I am not sure they indicated much of anything. In my daughter's case, it indicated all kinds of things were going wrong.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Smile Thanks Naomi

I have been on a low carb diet ( GF for 12 months ) for the past month but have noticed when I eat some organic sunflowerseed butter ( about 5 oz in one day which has about 40 grams of carbs ), I have vivid dreams! When I eat just meat and veggies and keep my total daily carbs below 60 grams of carbs----no dreams! WIERD???
Old 01-02-2010, 07:37 PM

I know that B6 deficiency is associated with lack of dream recall, and that too much B6 can cause very vivid, sometimes disturbing, dreams. Doesn't seem that is at issue here, though.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:20 AM

Smile Thanks All

I found the thread ( # 100 ) on the VITAMIN & MINERAL FORUM ( top of the first page ) titled PYROLURIA & SIEZURES & CELIAC DISEASE ; etc. by ONA. Thread # 100 states that if you want to do a self-test, try the B6 and P5P ( bedtime--50 mg P5P and 25 mg "regular" B6 ) and if you have "an explosion" of dreaming" that's a good indication to get tested for pyroluria.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 AM

Default Actually, from what I've read--

--individuals who take large doeses of B vitamins often have vivid dreams; doesn't seem to be limited to B6, but B12 and folate have been implicated as well.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 AM

When I was taking B6 as pyroxidine I would get vivid and very disturbing dreams. This stopped after I switched to P-5-P even though the dose is larger.
Anne
Old 01-04-2010, 03:30 PM

http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu...itamin-b6.html