BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Hydrocephalus (in memory of Braindrain aka Gina)

Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Default Persistance pays off

So my headaches are still around. I sent out a mass email to my entire team and finally got a response from my neuro, who is away, his wife just had a baby. Finally got Neuro and NS to realize something was wrong. NS sent me an email on Sunday night telling me to come into clinic . So I went in today to see NS to check and see if my ICP was high. He tapped my shunt and there was no CSF flow. He could only get CSF out with a syringe. He thinks there may be a kink in the proximal end of the catheter.

So I head back to the OR on Wednesday for a shunt revision.He is hoping that it is just a kink in the catheter and should be an easy fix, but nothing is ever easy with me. I am hoping I will feel like a new woman once this happens.

Suzie
GLOW
Old 08-04-2009, 10:17 AM

Good luck Suzie. Sorry you're going through this again but good for you for finally getting through to your NS! You're in my thoughts.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:26 PM

Revision complete, but still not headache free. So verdict is still out on this shunt. :-( I have been home for 2 months now and this is getting old.
GLOW
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 PM

Oh darn, Suzie
I had hoped your title meant you were doing OK
I finally read it tonight to find out you're still suffering

I hope you notice some relief soon and if not that they figure out how to help you really soon!
Hugs,
Cathy
Old 08-12-2009, 11:20 PM

Well today started off really well, no headache and well after lunch things went downhill fast. I am overdraining and I am miserable. I promised my NS I would give this 2 weeks for my brain to settle down. :-( So I have a little time left to wait. But so far, this is not looking like the valve for me.
GLOW
Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 PM

What valve did they put? They gave Jonathan a new OSV 2 valve in June and he overdraining on it. We see the NS next week.

Hope that you are feeling better tomorrow.

Marcie
Old 08-13-2009, 01:46 AM

Suzie,
I'm still new to this board, and getting to know you and everyone else, but I feel for you very much. I'd imagine that overdraining feels very much like a positional headache, and those are just awful. I hope that you can stick it out for the next few weeks, and if there is a time to ask for help on things, this is it. Call in some favors so that you can lay low.
I hope that you feel much better soon,
Lily