BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease

Old 10-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Now I am checking in over here. I really do not have time to go back and forth but I don't want to miss anything. Hopefully if things get restored soon everyone can decide to stay put one place or another. I get confused because both BT sites look the same. While this was conforting at first maybe it would have been better to have the background of BT2 be a different color .

--Judy
Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklap View Post
Since JL's re-entered all the forums in by hand, they will all be renumbered. We were forum#141, now we are #152. So, all the post old posts have to be linked to forumId 141. All of the forumId's would have to be changed from 141 to 152. A single SQL command could be issued to do the REPLACE, but gosh - what a mess piece together all this info. Then multiply that by how many forums????? Hmmmm then there's the User Id (who created the posts), those would have to be re-worked too. Plus whatever else.
Now I know why my old bookmark wouldn't work. Have you pointed this out to JL?

It is annoying to have to go back and forth between BT1 and BT2.

Claire
Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM

Just reset your bookmark .

I don't expect everyone will go back and forth. Some people do many forums already, and others like to stick to just one.

I simply don't want to have to choose. It might not surprise you that I had Maids of Honor and Best Men at my wedding .

I also couldn't stand knowing people were finding themselves here... with nobody here to answer their questions. I was here in the beginning, pretty much all alone save one or two others . And look how we grew. Not to mention, my history here goes back six years. I have friends across other forums who are here to stay.

At the same time, I do like many things about the other place, especially the open communication and system of moderation. So, as hard as this has all been, and trust me, I've been really struggling over it~ I've just come back to point in my life where I refused to choose one best friend over my other best friend . In that light, I hope we will all remain best friends and not sweat over who posts here, there, or everywhere.

Cara

Last edited by jcc; 10-04-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyLV View Post
Now I am checking in over here. I really do not have time to go back and forth but I don't want to miss anything. Hopefully if things get restored soon everyone can decide to stay put one place or another. I get confused because both BT sites look the same. While this was conforting at first maybe it would have been better to have the background of BT2 be a different color .

--Judy
Judy,

They will be changing the name of BT2 soon. They left it until now so that people could find their way there. At that time I expect there to be a change of colors as well. People have suggested that.

Cara
Old 10-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Community Member

I'm like Judy. I don't really have the time to be checking multiple sites, especially if the posts are similar too.

I'm also practical. OBT was down about the same time that I was a member, so I don't have any loyalties to forums, but I am loyal to people. I really liked the group of people on OBT, but most of them found BT2. If the archeives come back up here, I'll probably be here to stay, but if not, there isn't much motivation for me. I also like what BT2 has to say about not being down for more than a day. BT1 crashed at a time I was having a digestive crisis . I got through it fine, but I would have appreciated being able to find some knowledgeable people to talk to! If I'm going to participate in a forum, I'd like it to be reliable and communicate realistically about the problems in getting back on-line instead of left hanging .

Claire
Old 10-04-2006, 05:13 PM
New Community Member

Smile Lurker returns

This is great!!!!!

Advantage of re- registering is that you can pick a new name! I have rebranded myself. I used to be Gabs and now I am Frog. Why? I find that when faced with too much choice I don't know what to choose, so seeing as I found a frog upstairs this morning (yes upstairs) I thought why not?

Any way I have decided to break my lurking habit as I was so upset when BT went down and am so relieved to see it back.

I think that it is a shame that the archive isn't up yet, but it will be. And if it isn't then it will be recreated eventually. I am going over to the FF now as I find for once in my life I actually have an opinion!

Speak soon
Frog
Old 10-04-2006, 05:31 PM

Hi Frog! Like the new identity!

Cara
Old 10-04-2006, 08:52 PM

I too am torn between the two forums. I work full time and run a local support group in my spare time. I don't have the time to become seriously involved in both. There are a couple of forums I check out now and then, but OBT was where my heart was.

I think getting the old data back would greatly influence my decision.

I have been posting on BT for over three years. The people here saved my life. (My goodness, I have certainly seen those words posted many times here)

I hope that JL will let us know what is going on. I hope he will address the concerns people have mentioned in FF.
Anne
Old 10-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Community Member

I am back too. Boy I missed it here. Did everything get lost, recipes, etc.?

Michelle, gluten free and needs to be dairy free
mom to Beth and Samanatha, both GFDF
Old 10-05-2006, 03:35 PM

We don't know yet if everything is lost. JL was going to let this run a few days before trying to restore and add back data...so it is a wait (some more) and see game.

Nice to see you!

Cara