BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease

Old 10-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklap View Post
Quite frankly, splitting between the two is getting...tiresome ['course it doesn't help matters that I've had the stupid cold/flu cr@p going around and I'm tired and grumpy anyway] . There's just not enough time in the day...
Two?? You are doing more than that ! I'm still just doing two . Everyone will find their own comfort level of how much they can do and where they will do it. I don't work and I have my days to myself while my daughter is at school. I have the luxury of time to pop back and forth, but I do understand everyone doesn't have that same luxury.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. The weather today didn't help any, I'm sure.

Cara

Last edited by jcc; 10-11-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:02 AM

Sorry to hear you're feeling so 'yuck' Al.

Maybe they plugged that word in a while after I had posted the abstract. Thanks for explaining. It makes me feel a little better and if I post an abstract like that again, I will know to alter the word myself upon posting... but my abstracts are still not going to be posted here.

I just lost too much information. Honestly, for myself, it's not that big a deal because most of it is still in my head. But I'm upset because it was an enormous compilation of food studies that would be very helpful to people trying to heal, all in one place, which made it very easy for them to gather tidbits to decide on what foods they could use to heal and which ones they might want to try avoiding. Part of what made my time commitment to reading and compiling those abstracts was the fact that I would not be the only one to benefit from all the information.

Even if they get it all back, I still feel open to 'the next time BT goes down'.

I'm also half expecting I'll be banned for these posts because I'm voicing my unhappiness. This makes me, kind of, doubly angry because I'm one of those people who sent money in the first time BT went down, just so they could get back up and running. I did not realize at the time how easy it was to get banned or how easy it was to be fearful of being banned.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:22 AM

Kim,

As for getting banned around here...I don't think you have a lot to worry about. I was quite vocal during the Monica Incident last year...nothing happened to me. I expected it however.

Things appear to be changing here now. Maybe in time, you'll feel more comfortable.

We'll just have to wait and see about the data. There's not much else to do at this point.

My fear still remains about the next outage. It will happen again at some point in time.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so 'yuck' Al.
Thanks!

Last edited by aklap; 10-12-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:04 PM
New Community Member

Thank you Anne,
I hadn't seen that abstract and will print it out for Joe when we have the big talk about eating wheat while on business trips. I'm not IgA deficient. It's just very strange that I never showed up definitively positive on any tests but lactose. They even taped food to my back and found no reaction. And yet I react to tiny amounts of gluten...
Leslie
Old 10-12-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc View Post
Two?? You are doing more than that ! I'm still just doing two . Everyone will find their own comfort level of how much they can do and where they will do it. I don't work and I have my days to myself while my daughter is at school. I have the luxury of time to pop back and forth, but I do understand everyone doesn't have that same luxury.
Yeah you're right - it's really 3, but I was only talking about BT's. Actually, I haven't much time or desire to devote to any of them them LOL!! Right now my main concern is getting some calluses built up on my fingers for a guitar service at church in Nov. We've got 2 services this year I haven't played for quite awhile, so my fingers hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc View Post
I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. The weather today didn't help any, I'm sure.
Thanks! I love fall, but fall does not love me. Right now I don't know how much of what I feeling is cold and how much is seasonal allergies. Allergies really wipe me out this time of year. I go to be 10-11:00pm [which you guys know is 1-2 hrs eariler than normal] and I still feel tired. <GACK> <snif> <cough><snort>
Old 10-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Community Member

Default My 2 cents, again!

Al - I hope you feel better soon. Where are the hugging smilie faces? I have them on another forum I'm on. (((Al))) Sorry, not as good as hugging smilie faces. Maybe Anne can find me some.

I'm mostly lurking here, but will pop in once in a while to comment. I don't see the use in putting a whole bunch of data here on this forum if there aren't reliable backups and crash times are longer than a week. I'm more impressed with what Doc John has to say on BT2 with his experience with forums - never down more than a day because he leases his hard drives, and everything backed up.

Claire
Old 10-12-2006, 07:36 PM

Thanks Claire!!

The same goes for BT2 - a crash is never a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN. If I've learned nothing in the 24 years of computer consulting - it's always WHEN, never IF. Then it comes down to, how is each party prepared to deal with that crash.