BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > General Subjects > Pet Therapy

Pet Therapy A place for people to talk about their pets and the therapeutic effects of pets on people dealing with neurological disorders.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Just today I came upon this heart wrenching story of Gucci, Molly, Tiffany. My heart goes out to you and to you also Buttons.

I have a 7 yr old Manx black cat. If something ever happened to her I'd go crazy. I'm home alone all day, lots of time on wkends too. She's my life. SO and I talked that if something ever happened to her we'd get another Manx. They've a great personality, more like a dog than cat.

She has her medical problems but don't care; she's holding her own, thank God. Has meds for asthma, started pulling out her hair a couple yrs after we got her???, no clue why but on meds for that, has been vomiting more so on OTC Prevacid for that which seems to be helping altho she hates that syringe.

Using litter box, loves to dig to China....litter all over; got her new box, deeper, higher in back; comes with hood......see what she thinks of it; in living room so she gets used to it, doesn't think it's her carry case.

I've always had pets since youngster.....dogs, fish, birds, now Schnookie
Don't know what I'd do w/o her.........as we all feel.

Pray hearts are healing. hugs and love to all, kat
TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc; no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Epi's not working. Painful w/lots of headaches. Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, lumpectomy, chemo/rads. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns, Diviculosis, myoclonic dystonia. VaD prognosis 3/5 yrs from dx, my 7th yr, causes tia's, seizures/strokes