BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Arachnoiditis

Old 08-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Default Have a Question

Hi all ~ I was wondering ~ what symptoms did you all have when you were firs t diagnosed with arachnoiditis? Did you have the "normal" back pain, with the pain in the legs, along with burning/stinging/hotness plus the feeling of water running on the legs? Did you have the constipation plus a feeling that you never fully can fully empty your bladder? This has just started, so I haven't had a chance to talk with my doc about it. Were there any other symptoms I haven't listed?

I've never been able to get my pain under control. I've had an SCS, but it later had to be removed, as it tried to come out all by itself. (ick) I couldn't have the morphine pump cause that's bigger than the SCS, and I ended up being too small for that.

I'd apprreciate any info you can give me. Thanks. Peace, Lee
severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor, heart attack. On disability.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:27 PM
New Community Member

Hey Lee. You sound like you have my symptoms except for the feeling of water running on the legs. I have had 5 back surgeries and 2 quadruple bypasses and 1 heart attack. I now have AA with the burning in my right side of my lumbar at somewhere around L5 area and on my right side at the same level. It sometimes burns in the area of my appendix on the rt side also. This happens mostly when I walk thru the grocery store for 20 minutes or more. If I sit down it goes away. My right side burns when in bed at night and turn over on my left side with my right side up. It quits burning when I lay flat or on my rt side. I do have the feeling of not being empty after urinating. I am 65 and just diagnosed with stage 3 of kidney disease also. I was diagnosed with AA 12/10 by my neurologist after nerve conduction test and MRI. I also have constipation but may by from taking pain meds. Let me know what you have found out. Good luck....
1991-quadruple heart by-pass/2010- bypass #2
2000-L4-5 disectomy/2010-arachnoiditis
2002-L4-5 disectomy, same disc, different OS
2004-c3-4,c4-5,c5-6 ACDF/2006-c5-6 laminectomy