BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > BrainTalk Community Support > Friends of BrainTalk Communities

Friends of BrainTalk Communities Friends pulling together to help support our Community and our Home. A place to share ideas on how to make BrainTalk self-sustainable through grants and donations.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
New Community Member

Question Clip manufacturer

Hi everyone -

Happy New Year to all. It's been awhile since I posted anything, but I have a question. Does anyone else have trouble receiving information regarding the manufacturer and clip lot number of your aneurysm clip? I have tried to get my information from Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston (my surgeon was Dennis Vollmer, MD, who is now practicing in Colorado). All I got was the operative report (which did not contain the info I needed), and some letter from a manufacturer of clips sent to Memorial Hermann. I have a letter from the doctor stating that my clip is MRI-compatible, but I have read that you cannot be absolutely sure unless you know manufacturer and clip lot no. What have your experiences on this been?

Thanks -
Cajsa
Old 05-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Distinguished Community Member

hey cajsa!

i hope you've found your answer by now.

i think the only other wasy to go would be to contact the hospital director of nursing services. put it in their court. they should darn well know what kind of clip was put in you. it should have stated it in the operating report.

nursing services can go to the department that orders medical devices to be implanted in patients. they should have a record of what kind of clips they were using and what lot number they were.

frankly, your surgeon shuld have known this, too. but, don't let him palm off an easy answer to you. keep bugging the hospital. they do know what they order.

good luck,
jeannie
"...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney