BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease

Old 01-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Default Blood tests results

I have looked but cannot find any answers, perhaps I am not looking in the right place...

My friends blood results are...

Blood tests showed his total IgE was raised at 226 and aspergillus specific IgE was grade 2+ (1.2).

Can anyone tell me/us what this means in plain English?

Thanks for your continued help

When they say, "But you look fine", you say --
"And you look intelligent. Go figure."
Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewolf View Post
I have looked but cannot find any answers, perhaps I am not looking in the right place...

My friends blood results are...

Blood tests showed his total IgE was raised at 226 and aspergillus specific IgE was grade 2+ (1.2).

Can anyone tell me/us what this means in plain English?

Thanks for your continued help
hmm i THINK that elevated IgE is when you have a true allergy, ie potential for anaphalaxis.....it would appear that he has been exposed to aspergillus, and is allergic to it. it is a mold. Being a farmer this would make sense.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:17 PM

I think that's what it means, too. This site goes into some detail: http://www.clinlabnavigator.com/Test...globulinE.html which contains this:

Quote:
Extreme elevations of 800 to 25,000 IU/mL are found in asthma associated with severe atopic dermatitis, allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, parasitic infections, IgE myeloma, and Buckley syndrome.
and this site explains a bit about aspergillosis/aspergillus: http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbmd/dise...llosis_gi.html

I wonder if they did an immunoglobulin panel test to get the IgG numbers?? And I wonder what the IgG, IgM, IgA indicated?

Karen