BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease

Old 02-26-2010, 09:24 PM
New Community Member

Hi Everyone, Looks like its been a long time since anyone wrote here. Many of us with lyme desease are showing positive for KPU Pyrroluria. Just want to see if anyone is here before I write more.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Distinguished Community Member

We are here even though the forum is a little slow. Would love to hear more. I hope you take the time to post. I hope you are doing well.
Anne
Old 02-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Distinguished Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveandlight1111 View Post
Hi Everyone, Looks like its been a long time since anyone wrote here. Many of us with lyme desease are showing positive for KPU Pyrroluria. Just want to see if anyone is here before I write more.
I would love to know more as well. My daughter has tested positive for pyroluria, so I am always interested in hearing more.

And... this relationship between gluten sensitivity, lyme disease, and pyroluria has to have greater meaning. I'm well aware of an increased associated between gluten sensitvity and pyroluria, and gluten sensitivity and lyme disease... so this brings it full circle!

What comes first? Or does it all just go together.

How many of these people are IgA deficient? My daughter is. Not completely IgA deficient, but below range IgA. I'm just really always wondering does one of these cause the other, or do they all just go together.

I have heard from some who say a gluten free/casein free diet resolved their "pyroluria". Unfortunately, my daughter has not signed on to a gf/cf diet. I've also heard from some whose IgA levels rise after gf/cf diet.

I just wish we had some real explanations on all of this!