BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives  

Go Back   BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives > Specific Neurological Conditions (A - L) > Epilepsy Forums

Old 07-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Neurology Now Journalist

Default 3D Movies

Hi,
I'm a neurologist and was wondering if anyone has had a seizure during a 3D movie?
Thanks,
Orly Avitzur
Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Distinguished Community Member

Hi Dr. Avitzur,

Welcome to the forum! Since I had a temprol lobectomy 3D movies don't bother me at all but before the surgery I was photosensitive and certain colors and strobe lights would cause seizures for me all the time. According to my Epileptologist and neurosurgeon the cause of my seizures was one of the weirdest things that they had ever seen in over 40 yrs. The Drs. even asked my permission to share my medical case with other Drs. and medical banquets and conferences it was such an odd case. As I've told others here I'm a weird one. Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 PM

Sue, When was that? We know it's not so unusual now. I participated in a school haunted house at my kids' school several years ago. John was about to put a strobe light in the room & some little kid said 'we can't put that in it causes epileptic seizures'. (A girl there has epilepsy & her mom must have told the school about it.)

BTW: I told him "not all" & he asked 'how do you know?' and I told him "because I have epilepsy & it doesn't bother me". I was glad I could teach a little something about epilepsy, to someone.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:26 AM

Hi Lor,

I had my last brain surgery in 1994 and it helped reduce my sz. but it didn't stop them completely. Since the surgery strobe lights, florescent green,bright white and amber colors don't trigger sz. for me like they used to. Before that I would have a sz. in no time when I saw those colors or flashing strobe lights. Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Old 07-19-2011, 11:03 AM

Hi "weird one", I'm glad you are doing better. Stay cool today & may God bless you too

Dr. Avitzur, Maybe they should warn people before they walk into the movie. It seems most people don't care about those with epilepsy, but if something in particular 'bothered' some people with 'some other particular thing', there would be a big 'stink'.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:01 AM

I avoid them like the plague. I even avoid 3-D bookmarks. 3-D tampers with my brain, makes me uneasy, and I don't need Any more tampering than I already have.

Linnie
Old 07-25-2011, 07:28 AM
New Community Member

That's very odd case. I am happy that you are doing better, however.