BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives

BrainTalk Communities 10/2006-8/2011 Archives (http://74.220.207.183/~braintal/archives/06_11/index.php)
-   Aneurysm (http://74.220.207.183/~braintal/archives/06_11/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Anyone familiar with LMCA aneurysm by-pass (http://74.220.207.183/~braintal/archives/06_11/showthread.php?t=12995)

TitaniumCranium 04-11-2007 11:01 PM

Anyone familiar with LMCA aneurysm by-pass

Hi all -:)

Long story short: I had my first clipping of 2.7 cm anuerysm left medial cerebrial artery (LMCA). Surgery went well no real complications , back to work as RN within 8 weeks...felt good, tired but good. Eight months later started feeling bad...tired, light sensitivity, headaches and pain worsening, numbness right arm/hand to name a few. Follow up angiogram revealed giant aneurysm 3.6 cm in what the NS says is in a very bad location LMCA again. He was honest ...said he was not the best to do the surgery required. Referred me to WVU (I live in Central Florida) . After a 10 hour surgery Clipping, drug induced coma, severe allergic reaction to dilantin (Stephen Johnson Syndrome) back home to Florida. Developed seizures , and still haven't recovered from the second surgery. Angiogram 9/04...... another aneurysm.....same area...... no tx ..... angiogram 2/29/07 anurysm now 2.7 cm ......LMCA diseased, unable to clip ..... must have a complex triple bypass that minimal NS are specialized in. :( Has anyone out there had a bypass. Know of any NS who specialize in this area. My NS is working on some leads for me but would like some of your input. He says I need this done soon as the clips are slipping due to rapid growth of aneurysm and seizures. Any help, hugs, prayers appreciated. T.C. :cool:

Kath5 04-13-2007 02:33 AM

Hi TC,
so sorry to hear of all that you have been through and are going through.
I am not familiar with bypass surgery at all unfortunately ... but I can do a nice ((((HUG)))) if that would help :)

Take care and please let us know if you find anything out,

Kath

Kim/ny 04-13-2007 07:48 AM

Hi TC, You may want to try St Luke's in NYC. I know it's not close to you, but you may be able to get a telephone consult. If you go to BAF site, on right side of their home page, click on the video "Rescuing a Brain", it is a bypass procedure the doctors there did recently. Hope this helps, and that others on the board will see this and post to you too. Tracy (HereinNY) was operated on there and she may know the doctor. Good luck and many prayers for you. Keep us posted. :) Kim

cindybear 04-13-2007 09:08 AM

There is a great Doc in Arizona, called Dr. Spetzler..Send your films to him..But I'm about in those shoes..Mine also is in the left middle cerebral artery...But it is in the m-2 section...and they will not attempt a wrapping or a bypass..Said if it was only a couple mm's lower in the brain..Wouldn't be a problem,,(Allways my luck ) . But if I could have been operated on by a bypass or wrapping...I was going to Arizona..Heard a Zillion great things about Dr.Spetzler..Just google his name..You will be amazed...Good luck..Cindy

TitaniumCranium 04-13-2007 10:51 AM

Thank you all for your replies and hugs. I think I better send records to Dr. Spetzler because he has been mentioned to me by 2 of my MDs. As a matter of fact Dr. H. handed me the address and info while I was laying around for 5 hours after my angio. Arizona made my husband and I a little wary of going there but now that you are familiar with him Cindy I will call and send records there. The location of my aneurysm is also tricky so I may not be able to have surgery at all .. same boat as you. I will keep you all posted.

Hugs back to all .... T.C.:)

Nancy D 04-13-2007 11:23 AM

T.C.

What a mess! So sorry to hear of your struggles. I was scheduled to have a bypass of my RMCA, but after the NS got into my brain, could clip and wrap without a bypass. It was done at University of Southern California, Dr. Steven Gionnata.

Nancy D.

Suzanne*Canada 04-13-2007 12:55 PM

Dr. Spetzler for sure ! I have a friend who just successfully had the bypass done and is doing great!!! I would highly recommend you contact him!
Best wishes
Suzanne

Gabrielli 04-13-2007 01:07 PM

T.C.

Happy to see you are getting some answers and names of good doctors. And you were worried ...told you help was on the way. This board will alway's come through for you.

ooxx
mimi

TitaniumCranium 04-15-2007 11:15 PM

hey Mimi --

Yes you did .... thanks ! ;) I was at our womens retrest this weekend so sorry for delayed response.

Everyone -
I overnighted my records to Dr. Spetzler in Arizona as well as to Shands hospital @ University of Florida,,,Gainsville. I will keep all posted.

I hope all are doing well.... my thoughts and prayers are with you.

T.C. :cool:

TitaniumCranium 04-16-2007 02:40 PM

:) Appt @ Shands University of Fl with Dr. Hoh (transfered from MA) next thurs 4/26/07. Yippee. One foot forward :D T.C.